En Route 3/25/21

sumtingwon

Anyone get this start date? This date reflects the start date for the online fundies, or aka basics is what I think they call it.

How do you have a facility assigned already?
Some people got them assigned when they got their offer letters, I don’t know why they assign some and not others, but it happens.
You're wrong. Only prior experience people pick a facility before hand and they dont go to the academy for basics or initial. Off the street applicants dont find out until the last week of the academy what their choices are UNLESS they are married to another controller then in that case they will be sent to the same facility or something close by.

You're wrong. Only prior experience people pick a facility before hand. Off the street doesnt find out until the last week of the academy what their choices are UNLESS they are married to another controller then in that case they will be sent to the same facility or something close by.
Or from a really old bid... perhaps a tier two and some sort of appeal, or a delay for a military deployment.

How do you have a facility assigned already?
Wow look at what I started lol. To answer your question simply: because they gave it to me in my TOL
You're wrong. Only prior experience people pick a facility before hand and they dont go to the academy for basics or initial. Off the street applicants dont find out until the last week of the academy what their choices are UNLESS they are married to another controller then in that case they will be sent to the same facility or something close by.
Well according to my experiences, and what I know from others that is NOT entirely accurate either. And define "prior experience." Are you referring to just FAA ATC experience? Or any ATC experience? AFAIK there was a time (not sure if currently this is happening) that prior experienced controllers still had to go to OKC for everything. However, you are correct regarding your "hardship" situation.
Or from a really old bid... perhaps a tier two and some sort of appeal, or a delay for a military deployment.
Depends what you consider to be very old. I got my TOL back in 2014.
You havent been able to know your facility before hand for at least 5 years so highly doubtful.
Considering I received my TOL back in 2014; I guess you better disregard those doubts because I also know my facility today.

Wow look at what I started lol. To answer your question simply: because they gave it to me in my TOL

Well according to my experiences, and what I know from others that is NOT entirely accurate either. And define "prior experience." Are you referring to just FAA ATC experience? Or any ATC experience? AFAIK there was a time (not sure if currently this is happening) that prior experienced controllers still had to go to OKC for everything. However, you are correct regarding your "hardship" situation.

Depends what you consider to be very old. I got my TOL back in 2014.

Considering I received my TOL back in 2014; I guess you better disregard those doubts because I also know my facility today.
Its entirely accurate right now. Prior experience isnt going to the academy for basics and initial. Prior experience defined as prior experience applicant that applied to the prior experience bid. Considering you got your tol 7 years ago, thats why you know your facility. Like i said you haven't been told your facility beforehand for at least 5 years. What the hell happened to you for 7 years?

Its entirely accurate right now. Prior experience isnt going to the academy for basics and initial. Prior experience defined as prior experience applicant that applied to the prior experience bid. Considering you got your tol 7 years ago, thats why you know your facility. Like i said you haven't been told your facility beforehand for at least 5 years. What the hell happened to you for 7 years?

Well it is a good thing I made this thread because my HR rep made a mistake. She had me scheduled to do basics. After questioning her regarding prior experience, she is now telling me that I do not have to do basics, and that she can offer me a new date of 3/9/21. So I guess a thank you is in order. So thank you.

To answer your question: A few things actually. At first I was working a contract job overseas till around 2015, then I requested a transfer cause my first TOL had me going to ZOA. To my surprise they granted me my request, however, the stipulation was it had to be another center. Once I received my next TOL, I had to do everything all over again which also took additional time. The next delay was I had some things in my VA disability they wanted to do more research on. And now here we are today.

I wonder if anyone has had a TOL longer than I have.

I’m in 3/25! (Tentatively, still no FOL)
No way! and here I thought I was a 1 man wolfpack. Where you staying or planning on staying? I am in a similar boat. My rep told me a FOL is on the way. I am assuming they want to verify this date is happening before the issue the FOL. This is the 3rd date I have received so far in the last month. I did get a call from my rep today, but I was not able to answer, so I wonder what it was about.

No way! and here I thought I was a 1 man wolfpack. Where you staying or planning on staying? I am in a similar boat. My rep told me a FOL is on the way. I am assuming they want to verify this date is happening before the issue the FOL. This is the 3rd date I have received so far in the last month. I did get a call from my rep today, but I was not able to answer, so I wonder what it was about.
I reached out to Kim’s Place, got a quick video walk through and that looks pretty nice, decent sized kitchen and such, so I’m leaning toward there, especially if I can get a garage, gotta keep the car as safe as possible during tornado season. The 3/25 date is the only one I’ve been given, and I haven’t heard anything from my rep except “your drug test is expired”

I reached out to Kim’s Place, got a quick video walk through and that looks pretty nice, decent sized kitchen and such, so I’m leaning toward there, especially if I can get a garage, gotta keep the car as safe as possible during tornado season. The 3/25 date is the only one I’ve been given, and I haven’t heard anything from my rep except “your drug test is expired”
Mine was expired as well. I retested recently. I was told an FOL is on the way. Kims told me they are completely booked. Actually all the major housing providers told me they were completely booked. Most booked all the way through may. I think one of them had vacancy kinda close to the dates we need.

I ended up contacting one of the FAA approved housing providers and got a reservation for a hotel close to the academy. I will be driving as well. Hopefully the nadoes leave my vehicle alone. Not sure which one I am going to take yet. Where are you coming from?

Mine was expired as well. I retested recently. I was told an FOL is on the way. Kims told me they are completely booked. Actually all the major housing providers told me they were completely booked. Most booked all the way through may. I think one of them had vacancy kinda close to the dates we need.

I ended up contacting one of the FAA approved housing providers and got a reservation for a hotel close to the academy. I will be driving as well. Hopefully the nadoes leave my vehicle alone. Not sure which one I am going to take yet. Where are you coming from?
PA

Back
Top Bottom