4th quarter 2017

Has anyone asked yet, whether or not someone that has been selected for C90/N90 could be selected for A80/LAX? Moreover, how would said selection play at the losing facility? Could others from the losing facility be selected for A80/LAX with a different controller having been selected for N90/C90 within the last 5 months?

Anyone know which parts of the SWB managers control for data input. Is it only when people certify or do they also update when people receive Tol's and become a committed outbound? Basically I am trying to determine whether HR or the losing manager is responsible for reflecting outbounds. I'm hoping for one to be reflected on this month's PPT but time is running out.
It's done by the losing facility. In our case anyway. Once a release date was established it was entered into SWB, which generated a committed outbound.

For one, it will show at least on paper how many a80 would be eligible to select... being so close, though, to the Sep 7 pull, I would damn near bet a paycheck that not all those a80 selections will be reflected in the atcs inbound columns... which to me means the PPT could show more possible gains than actually needed. You are corret ref the green/red bs... Anyone w err in is eligible...
I'll take that bet if you're offering :) they'll all show up as a placement list inbound, which counts the same.

Anyone know which parts of the SWB managers control for data input. Is it only when people certify or do they also update when people receive Tol's and become a committed outbound? Basically I am trying to determine whether HR or the losing manager is responsible for reflecting outbounds. I'm hoping for one to be reflected on this month's PPT but time is running out.
Manager's control the data for...
- Current number of CPC's, Temps, Trainees
- committed outbounds
- committed inbounds

HR controls everything else.

Has anyone asked yet, whether or not someone that has been selected for C90/N90 could be selected for A80/LAX? Moreover, how would said selection play at the losing facility? Could others from the losing facility be selected for A80/LAX with a different controller having been selected for N90/C90 within the last 5 months?
1. If someone has a TOL/FOL for C90/N90 they would need to decline that prior to putting in for A80. If you have a active signed TOL/FOL, they will remove your ERR to A80. C90/N90 is a MPP bid so the reverse is not true. If you had a TOL/FOL to anywhere you could put in a MPP bid to C90/N90, be selected, then have the choice.
2. Yes, others can be selected. You can still have multiple people selected from red facilities, it's just their release dates need to be 6 months apart if they're both going to A80 or LAX.

@breakaway2000 wouldn't TOL have to be accepted to go into the inbound list? Or do they just slap em there and if someone turns one down they remove it?
HR slaps them in the placement list inbound column, then they get transferred into the committed inbound column when they accept. Both columns count the same in terms of their projected % and how many people they'll be able to select.

For one, it will show at least on paper how many a80 would be eligible to select... being so close, though, to the Sep 7 pull, I would damn near bet a paycheck that not all those a80 selections will be reflected in the atcs inbound columns... which to me means the PPT could show more possible gains than actually needed. You are corret ref the green/red bs... Anyone w err in is eligible...

Is that the “possible gains” category on the PPT list? So, if it said “35” then A80 could pick up 35 all at once?

I'll take that bet if you're offering :) they'll all show up as a placement list inbound, which counts the same.

Manager's control the data for...
- Current number of CPC's, Temps, Trainees
- committed outbounds
- committed inbounds

HR controls everything else.

What happens if the facility CPC data reported on Aug. 30 that was used for this NCEPT was wrong? And as a result an ERR bidding controller was harmed by potentially being passed over for selection.
According to the FAA NCEPT information online the facility management apparently failed to include a newly checked out CPC in July and they were still shown as a trainee, the result was the facility being a Cat. 2 not a Cat. 1... This information was brought up to management and dismissed with no action taken just days before the September NCEPT meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are already 8 offers declined from this round lol. I imagine there will be a few more by the time everything settles.

What happens if the facility CPC data reported on Aug. 30 that was used for this NCEPT was wrong? And as a result an ERR bidding controller was harmed by potentially being passed over for selection.
According to the FAA NCEPT information online the facility management apparently failed to include a newly checked out CPC in July and they were still shown as a trainee, the result was the facility being a Cat. 2 not a Cat. 1... This information was brought up to management and dismissed with no action taken just days before the September NCEPT meeting.
In your situation, you guys waited too long to get the information adjusted. The data on August 30th was not what was used for the panel. The PPT dated August 23rd is what they went off of. After it was released, they made corrections to the facilities who contacted then, notifying them of the mistake. The SWB data is updated weekly and sent to your FacRep to check for accuracy. Your FacRep and ATM failed to do their job. If you have ERR's out, take it upon yourself to check the data and get your ATM to update it before the deadline. Many people on this forum have done this or gone above and beyond by getting RVP's involved immediately after the last PPT was published when their numbers were incorrect. For a number of them, it's the only reason they were able to get selected.

Thanks for the info, so if an ERR selection was made this past panel under a Cat.2 when the losing facility was actually a Cat.1 and reported in error will the individual selected be able to have their release date adjusted to Cat. 1...?

15 declined offers as of this morning.....so far.

This seriously pisses me off. There's absolutely no reason for this and if you don't plan on going to a facility that you have put in for, then remove your ERR! I would totally be comfortable with these people being put on a "can't be selected for 2 years due to declining an offer" list. I bet you the number of people who decline an offer after finding out about this list would go to zero. Everyone else who's trying to transfer shouldn't have to suffer because you can't make up your mind about whether or not you want to move to a certain location. If, for whatever reason, you're not sure if you want to go there and then the opportunity presents itself and you decline, then YOU get to wait 2 years at your current facility to go elsewhere.

This seriously pisses me off. There's absolutely no reason for this and if you don't plan on going to a facility that you have put in for, then remove your ERR! I would totally be comfortable with these people being put on a "can't be selected for 2 years due to declining an offer" list. I bet you the number of people who decline an offer after finding out about this list would go to zero. Everyone else who's trying to transfer shouldn't have to suffer because you can't make up your mind about whether or not you want to move to a certain location. If, for whatever reason, you're not sure if you want to go there and then the opportunity presents itself and you decline, then YOU get to wait 2 years at your current facility to go elsewhere.
Or they could make a system where your coworkers decisions don't affect your career

I won't say who, but there's one person I know of that was selected for the facility they were previously washed out of. That person declined the offer from HR. I have no idea why they even had an ERR in to there.

Back
Top Bottom