4th quarter 2017

Just received mine over the phone. She is emailing it now. I don't feel HR understands the A80 MOU or maybe we are interpreting it wrong

It's based on date even though we weren't officially aware of it until the 8th. A80 MOU was signed on September 6th, selections happened September 7th. All selections on September 7th will abide by the A80 MOU.
Thanks man. My manager is under the impression I'm afforded 3 months. Maybe because that's what I'm pushing for. Anyways I think we have agreed upon a date that works for both

It's based on date even though we weren't officially aware of it until the 8th. A80 MOU was signed on September 6th, selections happened September 7th. All selections on September 7th will abide by the A80 MOU.
Just curious what's going to happen when they don't send ERRs from red facilities on future panels. Would that be grievable?

Just curious what's going to happen when they don't send ERRs from red facilities on future panels. Would that be grievable?
As we're all aware, implementation and educating people on new procedures isn't exactly the FAA's strong suit. I'm going to optimistically presume they will educate HR to the nuances of the MOU prior to generating the list. If red facilities are left off, it would be a grievable offense, which would require a third party to rule on it.
Whereas we may never see the LAX list, I'm sure @Robertb can give everyone an idea on the A80 list.

I reached out to my Natca Regional VP to look into exactly that. He said he took care of it and HR would be notified (bc HR had previously told me they wouldn't send the ERRs from red facilities for A80).

I received my TOL today...In the language for the TOL it says "Based on the national release policy, your release date will be within twelve months of selection" and it raised sort of a flag for me. With the new Priority Release MOU signed 9/6 and 4th Qtr selections on 9/8, one would only assume that this would apply to "us". I called HR to get some clarification on the wording and was initially told that the new MOU does not apply to us (4th qtr selections -- READ THE REST OF MY POST). I was very skeptical about how much truth was in that statement so I did some leg work. The wording of this "release" references the National Release Policy MOU which is a completely different document. Additionally, according to the Priority Release MOU, that wording "within twelve months of selection" is technically within the scope of this document since those that do not wish to leave within 3 months, could leave at a later date (employee elect).

I spoke with HR shortly after and it appears they are under the impression that this new Priority Release A80 MOU does apply to us but additonally clarity may be dished out here next week. To keep it short, it sounds like HR may be out of the loop and last to know what is being done outside their walls. Unfortunately it's Friday, so it's a waiting game until Monday. I'll say this much, the language in the TOL is poorly written. If the new MOU applies to us it should say something along the lines of "Your release date will based on the A80/LAX MOU release policy blah blah blah" because if it was based off the National Release Policy, all of our TOLs would either state CATI or CATII.

I received my TOL today...In the language for the TOL it says "Based on the national release policy, your release date will be within twelve months of selection" and it raised sort of a flag for me. With the new Priority Release MOU signed 9/6 and 4th Qtr selections on 9/8, one would only assume that this would apply to "us". I called HR to get some clarification on the wording and was initially told that the new MOU does not apply to us (4th qtr selections -- READ THE REST OF MY POST). I was very skeptical about how much truth was in that statement so I did some leg work. The wording of this "release" references the National Release Policy MOU which is a completely different document. Additionally, according to the Priority Release MOU, that wording "within twelve months of selection" is technically within the scope of this document since those that do not wish to leave within 3 months, could leave at a later date (employee elect).

I spoke with HR shortly after and it appears they are under the impression that this new Priority Release A80 MOU does apply to us but additonally clarity may be dished out here next week. To keep it short, it sounds like HR may be out of the loop and last to know what is being done outside their walls. Unfortunately it's Friday, so it's a waiting game until Monday. I'll say this much, the language in the TOL is poorly written. If the new MOU applies to us it should say something along the lines of "Your release date will based on the A80/LAX MOU release policy blah blah blah" because if it was based off the National Release Policy, all of our TOLs would either state CATI or CATII.
Yea I ran in to this also. Luckily my ATM read the MOU and feels 3 months is the longest I can be kept. Come on December

As we're all aware, implementation and educating people on new procedures isn't exactly the FAA's strong suit. I'm going to optimistically presume they will educate HR to the nuances of the MOU prior to generating the list. If red facilities are left off, it would be a grievable offense, which would require a third party to rule on it.
Whereas we may never see the LAX list, I'm sure @Robertb can give everyone an idea on the A80 list.
Supposedly, we are picking up 30...

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it until the firm offer comes through. That's when the questions and fine print need to be addressed.

I don’t fully understand the NCEPT process. Can you tell me... why would a new PPT list need to be generated for the extra A80 NCEPT selection being held this week? Isn’t a PPT list useless because they can still hire from a red facility?

I don’t fully understand the NCEPT process. Can you tell me... why would a new PPT list need to be generated for the extra A80 NCEPT selection being held this week? Isn’t a PPT list useless because they can still hire from a red facility?
For one, it will show at least on paper how many a80 would be eligible to select... being so close, though, to the Sep 7 pull, I would damn near bet a paycheck that not all those a80 selections will be reflected in the atcs inbound columns... which to me means the PPT could show more possible gains than actually needed. You are corret ref the green/red bs... Anyone w err in is eligible...

Anyone know which parts of the SWB managers control for data input. Is it only when people certify or do they also update when people receive Tol's and become a committed outbound? Basically I am trying to determine whether HR or the losing manager is responsible for reflecting outbounds. I'm hoping for one to be reflected on this month's PPT but time is running out.

Back
Top Bottom