En Route 6/13/19

tr3os

Finally got my FOL today from the Summer 2017 bid! I live local so I can help out with getting to know the area! Also used to work at Mike Monroney as an RPO so I'm pretty familiar with the center as well. Excited to meet everyone and get the ball rolling!

Don't be discouraged if others don't chime in on here. I just graduated basics and out of our class of 11, only 6 people knew about pointsixtyfive.
Congrats guys

Don't be discouraged if others don't chime in on here. I just graduated basics and out of our class of 11, only 6 people knew about pointsixtyfive.
Congrats guys
Surprised more people don't know about .65 or stuckmic! Great ways to connect with everyone heading in. Been checking both sites since I applied in '17! And hey Chaals! Looking forward to getting started!

Finally got my FOL today from the Summer 2017 bid! I live local so I can help out with getting to know the area! Also used to work at Mike Monroney as an RPO so I'm pretty familiar with the center as well. Excited to meet everyone and get the ball rolling!
Were you Tier 2?

Hello, everyone! I've lived in the OKC area for roughly 6 years, so I'm fairly familiar as well if anyone has any questions on the surrounding OKC area or the great thing that is Oklahoma weather (I have a meteorology degree so I like to think I know what I'm talking about in that regard, but don't quote me on anything ?). I'm extremely excited to start at the academy and I'm looking forward to working with you all soon!

Oklahoma weather sounds
Hello, everyone! I've lived in the OKC area for roughly 6 years, so I'm fairly familiar as well if anyone has any questions on the surrounding OKC area or the great thing that is Oklahoma weather (I have a meteorology degree so I like to think I know what I'm talking about in that regard, but don't quote me on anything ?). I'm extremely excited to start at the academy and I'm looking forward to working with you all soon!

6/5 terminal here. Oklahoma weather sounds terrifying but I’ll be damned if I don’t drive down there and be stuck with Uber/Lyft for 3 months

Oklahoma weather sounds

6/5 terminal here. Oklahoma weather sounds terrifying but I’ll be damned if I don’t drive down there and be stuck with Uber/Lyft for 3 months

The weather can be daunting to those not used to active severe weather for days on end, but the "weather capital of the world" is just down the road in Norman (where the National Weather Center, local NWS office, SPC, etc. are all located) so everyone is pretty much always aware of what's going on. I haven't looked to see if any of the housing options or if the MMAC offer storm shelters, but that's something to look into. Hail can be a big problem as well but I've never had hail damage to my car in the 6 years I've been here, if that brings any reassurance on bringing a personal vehicle for the short time. The most active portion of the spring storm season should wind down in June, then the oppressive heat becomes the greatest issue before we get our second storm season around August. You'll also need to be wary of flash flooding since Oklahoma has received greater than average rainfall so far this year and the ground is fairly saturated in many areas, but driving on highways and interstates should get you to and from MMAC just fine. Some reliable resources to check the weather are weather.gov/oun, SPC.noaa.gov, and mesonet.org.

Floridian here. Not really too worried about weather in general but the hail and floods cause concern as I’ll be bringing my car. I’ll probably end up getting housing with a garage and make sure I know the routes that don’t flood to and from the academy

So where is everyone planning on staying for the duration of the academy? I’m thinking either Kim’s or Anatole

So where is everyone planning on staying for the duration of the academy? I’m thinking either Kim’s or Anatole

I just moved greater than 50 miles outside OKC earlier this week so I get the joy of moving back soon. Thinking Anatole looks nice but not sure if I should contact them and book a room before getting the welcome packet.

I just moved greater than 50 miles outside OKC earlier this week so I get the joy of moving back soon. Thinking Anatole looks nice but not sure if I should contact them and book a room before getting the welcome packet.

I’m from the 7/11 en route class. I looked into Anatole, and eventually found a place. But at least two of the companies that lease there were already booked through my beginning dates. I’d start checking around and seeing who has availability.

I ended up going through Zoe homes for mine. But I’ve gotta get the welcome packet to finalize everything 100%, otherwise it’s all reserved and waiting.

You definitely should. They shouldn’t charge you any kind of deposit, and if you wait to get the welcome packet (1-2 weeks max before class starts) they’ll almost certainly be full.

I called my HR rep and she told me I could book prior to the packet. I got an apt at Anatole through Christy at A & T corporate housing

I called my HR rep and she told me I could book prior to the packet. I got an apt at Anatole through Christy at A & T corporate housing
I spoke with Dolly from Corporate Housing Solutions who reserved a room for July 27 onward at Anatole. Waiting to hear back from Christy at A&T if she can fill the gap.

Back
Top Bottom