Academy Post-COVID

My class was super competitive and kept trying to one up each other on eval day. One kid came out with 98 overall. And he was back and forth on what he was gonna take till we were in the room.

My class was super competitive and kept trying to one up each other on eval day. One kid came out with 98 overall. And he was back and forth on what he was gonna take till we were in the room.
Duuuude. That’s so shitty to do for selections. At least if you hash it out right after evals, people can take the night to do some research before the actual selections. Makes the celebration that much nicer when you go out, too! We did our evals on Thursday and selected Friday before a 3 day weekend. With travel days, comp days for RDO and 16 hours of COS, I didn’t have to report for 10 days. We definitely lucked out with our schedules, but we all pretty much knew where we were going to end up when we finished evals.

Duuuude. That’s so shitty to do for selections. At least if you hash it out right after evals, people can take the night to do some research before the actual selections. Makes the celebration that much nicer when you go out, too! We did our evals on Thursday and selected Friday before a 3 day weekend. With travel days, comp days for RDO and 16 hours of COS, I didn’t have to report for 10 days. We definitely lucked out with our schedules, but we all pretty much knew where we were going to end up when we finished evals.
Half our class got our dream picks. 3 got Oakland One girls dream pick was the one that guy was deciding on. And he took it from her.

Lol yeah i think his name is wendall maybe
That's him he was the secondary in my class years ago, a good teacher didn't try to teach us anything fancy, just told us you only have to know how to beat a computer that's it. Also he made some good pulled pork.

Half our class got our dream picks. 3 got Oakland One girls dream pick was the one that guy was deciding on. And he took it from her.
Please he didn't take anything from her, it sucks for sure and it may be crappy on his part but oh well.

Yep. Just have to work as hard as I can, score as high as I can and pray the facility list is halfway decent.\

Still not going OCONUS though.
Now that you’ve said that, you can be guaranteed ZAN and ZSU will be your choices. Never say where you’ll never go, because there’s a decent chance that’s where you’ll end up lol.

Now that you’ve said that, you can be guaranteed ZAN and ZSU will be your choices. Never say where you’ll never go, because there’s a decent chance that’s where you’ll end up lol.
Yep, as far as everyone in my class knows, ZNY, ZOA, ZSU and ZAN are my top choices. If I'm rude enough to my classmates then maybe they'll take those centers just to spite me ;)

Was she one that ended up on Oakland? Or was her dream ZMP and she got stuck with ZOB or something? Because if it was a toss up between her dream and ZOA, she had to know that’s where she was going...

unless you’re terminal, in which case, same question but replace center with terminal facility names

Was she one that ended up on Oakland? Or was her dream ZMP and she got stuck with ZOB or something? Because if it was a toss up between her dream and ZOA, she had to know that’s where she was going...

unless you’re terminal, in which case, same question but replace center with terminal facility names
No it was between Chicago and Minneapolis. She finished 4th in the class and got like a 90. She would have picked first in any of the classes around us. Another reason the selection process is dumb.

No it was between Chicago and Minneapolis. She finished 4th in the class and got like a 90. She would have picked first in any of the classes around us. Another reason the selection process is dumb.
My terminal class was similar. High 80s low 90s was good for like 6th. Haha

I mean, there are worse options. Both similar climates and whatnot. I would’ve been happy with either. The person right before me was “undecided” on their selection too, so I had to select on the fly with no research other than who I was going to be at that facility with. Thankfully I placed with someone I befriended in my class at the academy.

I mean, there are worse options. Both similar climates and whatnot. I would’ve been happy with either. The person right before me was “undecided” on their selection too, so I had to select on the fly with no research other than who I was going to be at that facility with. Thankfully I placed with someone I befriended in my class at the academy.
Glad I didn’t have to deal with this. We had a fantasy draft that night and everyone knew where they were going.

Glad I didn’t have to deal with this. We had a fantasy draft that night and everyone knew where they were going.
We all did our fantasy draft in our breakout room after evals, before we could go home for the night. The only input I asked for was “can you rule out ___?” They said they couldn’t rule out anything yet. They ended up picking the facility I was hoping for, but it was probably a blessing in the skies (sic) that I didn’t end up there for a multitude of reasons.

Back
Top Bottom