Academy Post-COVID

We just had 7/8 pass today. Terminal
That’s generally good news, I think questionable cases should be given the benefit of the doubt at the academy. People say “be harder and wash out more at the academy so we get better people and have higher success rates in the field”. But historical success rates in the field have been about the same despite big variances in the OKC pass rate over time. In a perfect world I think about 75-80% should pass academy terminal, 70% or so enroute.

1) MLU
2) MKG
3) HLN
4) DLH
5)ACK
6) PIA
7) DLH

Alt:
1) JNU
2) FAI

The second DLH fell off and an alternate was chosen. The class that starts Evals on Monday should get HLN (not chosen) and DLH on their list, plus whatever else.

1) MLU
2) MKG
3) HLN
4) DLH
5)ACK
6) PIA
7) DLH

Alt:
1) JNU
2) FAI

The second DLH fell off and an alternate was chosen. The class that starts Evals on Monday should get HLN (not chosen) and DLH on their list, plus whatever else.

Damn someine chose to fo to fai or jnu. Desperation.

Super. Fingers crossed they all pass!

I'd take Alaska over ACK any day, too rich for my blood.

Congrats on passing dude. I'll take any tips, my time is near.
What’s the last problem you ran?

1) MLU
2) MKG
3) HLN
4) DLH
5)ACK
6) PIA
7) DLH

Alt:
1) JNU
2) FAI

I know a girl at PIA, seems like a decent place.

I can’t stand PIA girls

the PIA girl i know who is now a college professor; stopped talking to me a couple months ago cuz of BLM disagreements. Peeps have gotten crazy. Unless its just me. meh, i never liked PIA. something always felt shady about it. I would give the Muskegon guy lots of money to swap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peoria, I remember that place was featured in one of the NATCA update e-mails a year or so ago and one of the lines was like "the PIA controllers spoke with Trish Gilbert about the importance of having equipment updated and a new tower being built" (places like this are 99% more likely to be consolidated or contracted out before they ever get a new tower built).

Back
Top Bottom