Academy Post-COVID

I mean, there are worse options. Both similar climates and whatnot. I would’ve been happy with either. The person right before me was “undecided” on their selection too, so I had to select on the fly with no research other than who I was going to be at that facility with. Thankfully I placed with someone I befriended in my class at the academy.
The person lived in one of the cities so it was a big deal going home or not.

One guy on this forum shared his story of getting a final grade of 69.97. They went through his entire time at the academy and couldn't find a single extra point to give him. One more correct answer on any of the tests, and he'd have passed.

checking in. I'm working for an airline now and it's ok. I actually like my current job location better than where I would've been assigned if I had passed...it was going to be oakland... the money on the other hand, yikes. every once in a while on a dark quiet night my mind wanders and thinks about what could've been.

checking in. I'm working for an airline now and it's ok. I actually like my current job location better than where I would've been assigned if I had passed...it was going to be oakland... the money on the other hand, yikes. every once in a while on a dark quiet night my mind wanders and thinks about what could've been.
Imagine being stuck on AG pay, in Oakland, during a pandemic, when training is already delayed at least a year from your report date...might be lost pennies right now, but I can’t imagine I’d be able to keep myself afloat financially in AG pay in California during all this. Good luck in your future endeavors though!

How much of a notice are they giving people to report to OKC from the online review? When should we be booking housing?

How much of a notice are they giving people to report to OKC from the online review? When should we be booking housing?
Given that classes are backed up until Spring next year, you should have decent notice. Do not book housing until you have a class date . . . housing providers should have plenty of space given the limited number of people allowed to be in OKC.

I'm hearing (from terminal) people are getting their official date and welcome packet anywhere from 3 days to a week before their report date at OKC. So very little notice. You can email HR and ask when your expected class date is, just keep in mind that dates can still change.

I'm hearing (from terminal) people are getting their official date and welcome packet anywhere from 3 days to a week before their report date at OKC. So very little notice. You can email HR and ask when your expected class date is, just keep in mind that dates can still change.
That isn't correct at all. Once you finish online basics you go into a waiting loop of repeating the same zoom material over and over until you go to OKC. People finishing Basics right now are being told Jan to Mar for OKC so it'll be a long wait.

That isn't correct at all. Once you finish online basics you go into a waiting loop of repeating the same zoom material over and over until you go to OKC. People finishing Basics right now are being told Jan to Mar for OKC so it'll be a long wait.

Not sure which part you think is incorrect. The last 2 classes to be pulled from the terminal rolling class have gotten packets on a Friday and their academy start date was 2 Mondays following, so 10 days notice. You can email someone at the academy for a projected date.

Not sure which part you think is incorrect. The last 2 classes to be pulled from the terminal rolling class have gotten packets on a Friday and their academy start date was 2 Mondays following, so 10 days notice. You can email someone at the academy for a projected date.
Was this the first time they had been told a potential date? Even before covid you didn't get the welcome packet until the week before your OKC start date.

Which part of my reply wasn't correct at all? I'm in the rolling class now, so I'm fully aware of the process. I literally heard first hand from someone in the terminal cab rolling class. A class a couple of weeks ago got their welcome packets on a Friday instructing them to be there on Monday and then a different class after them got their packets a week before their start date.
Even though you're given a date once you finish basics, it's not set in stone. They keep changing the dates so you don't really know for sure until you get that welcome packet (as far as I know). You can also email HR and ask when they have you scheduled to come out to OKC but like I said, they keep moving dates around. My class was initially told October, now it could possibly be the end of November

To anyone who has done the repeating phase 3 -> OKC, how much time are they giving you between your last day of online training and your first class date in OKC? A week?

To anyone who has done the repeating phase 3 -> OKC, how much time are they giving you between your last day of online training and your first class date in OKC? A week?
From what I've seen so far for terminal, students aren't required to be on zoom the week prior to their start date. They're just informed to tell the instructors when their last day on zoom is so that they aren't marked as a no-show. So yes, about a week

I think I was told on a Friday to report on the following Wednesday. Total shitshow

I wonder what they're going to do with the people who opted out then..my HR rep says there aren't any plans for us and won't allow me to enroll in virtual basics either.
Most likely never. Things are going well with virtual and this is exactly what they wanted.

I wonder what they're going to do with the people who opted out then..my HR rep says there aren't any plans for us and won't allow me to enroll in virtual basics either.
MYbe they’ll run 2-5 more in person classes and call it a day

Back
Top Bottom