NightWatch

So I developed exercise induced and allergenic asthma during military service. It has gotten much better and I hardly notice it now. What are my chances in the medical certification or will they not ask for my medical records if I claim I have no problems and can pass the physical? How long/what all will it take to potentially get a medical certification? Thanks.

Tell them, you'll be better off than them finding out and they will, besides this is a glorified desk job. The most exercise most people get is the walk up to the tower cab from the elevator or the cafeteria for those radar kooks.

Tell them, you'll be better off than them finding out and they will, besides this is a glorified desk job. The most exercise most people get is the walk up to the tower cab from the elevator or the cafeteria for those radar kooks.
So this isn’t something to be very worried about? Thanks for the reply.

So this isn’t something to be very worried about? Thanks for the reply.
It may get flagged and require some extra tests to determine if it still persists and severity. May delay ya for a few months or a year, but if it’s good as you say it should be a non issue.

I have exercise induced asthma that predates my FAA career. Similar situation, where it is well controlled and doesn't even need medication now. When I was hired and reported it, it briefly delayed my medical process. I honestly can't remember if they wanted any records or statements from a doctor. If they did, it was pretty simple process. I think someone from the Flight Surgeon's office may have even called me directly to discuss it. I recall their overriding concern was whether any attacks were severe, required medication, and/or were triggered by something other than exercise.

In the end, it did not result in a significant delay and was not terribly invasive (the security clearance process is what was really backed up and causing delays at the time I was hired).

Back
Top Bottom