ATSA Compilation

I'm not trying to brag, but I got about 80% of the math questions at the bottom during the 2nd part of that simulation, and I also felt like I did better with the math problems there than without. I definitely prioritized the collisions so if the dots were about to come out, I would ignore whatever popped up at the bottom until I knew the paths were clear or I had a bit of time to look at the math.

The orientation test, that was a different story for me :(

And I'd also like to thank whoever wrote this compilation in the first place. It was nice to know what to expect before going into it.

Neat forum.

I applied over the summer on a whim. I recently finished grad school and someone mentioned I should give it a whirl as it is a great career. I have no experience or training so I'd guess I'm probably not likely to get chosen. I am curious though, I won't be able to take the test until after I turn 31 in a few days. I know it said you need to be UNDER 31, but I wasn't sure if that was by the time the process started or when you needed to get hired by?

The age cut off is based on when the application period closed (august 15th I believe)... So everyone that turned 31 after that is all good to go.

Interesting to see the different experiences people are having. Orientation was my favorite part, but I could've done better on the math during radar. Have to say it was more fun than stressful overall.

After hearing so many horror stories initially, I was kind of terrified to take this test lol. There seemed to be a unanimous consensus that it was awful, but I've since talked to a couple of people who said it was easier than the ATSAT. Just depends on the individual. Other than the math/radar part, everything else sounds kind of fun. I'm actually looking forward to taking it.

Took the test last week and waiting for results. Has anyone received results/ know how test will be graded?
I'd be very surprised if they released results before the testing is finished. The grading will never be released.

Took it today and, well... I didn't leave feeling as confident as I had hoped I would lol. Back to the waiting game.

I'd be very surprised if they released results before the testing is finished. The grading will never be released.

MJ, I was considering purchasing a $60 test prep package from job test prep dot com. I would link the page but I don't know the forum rules here. I received an email saying they had a package ready. I would be very annoyed if I dropped that money on something that wasn't going to help me out, and they seem to be a all sales are final kind of business. If you could find time in your day to google the page and give me your opinion, I would very much appreciate it. The new package contains 13 tests. If you think it would be worth it, others reading this forum may find it helpful as well. I take my test on the 15th.

MJ, I was considering purchasing a $60 test prep package from job test prep dot com. I would link the page but I don't know the forum rules here. I received an email saying they had a package ready. I would be very annoyed if I dropped that money on something that wasn't going to help me out, and they seem to be a all sales are final kind of business. If you could find time in your day to google the page and give me your opinion, I would very much appreciate it. The new package contains 13 tests. If you think it would be worth it, others reading this forum may find it helpful as well. I take my test on the 15th.

That website is shady, and steals anything they can. Someone mentioned that website at one point, they were selling an AT-SAT study package, and claiming the AT-SA was the same exact thing as the AT-SAT. If you click the "Get it Now" link, it will bring up a page with some screenshots where they refer to it as the Civil Service Exam.... Nothing in this package is going to be designed for the ATSA, I would avoid it like the plague. Hell, most of their write up is a near identical Copy/Paste from MJ's original post.

Edit: It also appears like the website is primarily based out of the UK.

Rdyotz beat me to it, but there as several red flags I see. First, they completely ripped off the entire description from this thread. They are advertising a study guide for personality testing (wtf?). This is the first time it is ever being used, there is no way they have any sort of inside info on the test. The FAA certainly isn't going to release info on it.

My advice would be to stay away; it smells totally fraudulent. If anyone actually goes through with buying this, come back and let us know what happened. I sent them a request to take down the content they copied, as they don't and will not have permission to post our content, and are not affiliated with this site any way.

For anyone that happens on that site, caveat emptor.

That website is shady, and steals anything they can. Someone mentioned that website at one point, they were selling an AT-SAT study package, and claiming the AT-SA was the same exact thing as the AT-SAT. If you click the "Get it Now" link, it will bring up a page with some screenshots where they refer to it as the Civil Service Exam.... Nothing in this package is going to be designed for the ATSA, I would avoid it like the plague. Hell, most of their write up is a near identical Copy/Paste from MJ's original post.

Edit: It also appears like the website is primarily based out of the UK.

Rdyotz beat me to it, but there as several red flags I see. First, they completely ripped off the entire description from this thread. They are advertising a study guide for personality testing (wtf?). This is the first time it is ever being used, there is no way they have any sort of inside info on the test. The FAA certainly isn't going to release info on it.

My advice would be to stay away; it smells totally fraudulent. If anyone actually goes through with buying this, come back and let us know what happened. I sent them a request to take down the content they copied, as they don't and will not have permission to post our content, and are not affiliated with this site any way.

For anyone that happens on that site, caveat emptor.

Can't thank you both enough for the clear cut opinions. Glad my hesitance brought me here to ask... I'm so eager for prep material, but this forum has been the best resource I have found BY FAR. It is clear that at this point with the new test in place, I and others would be better off compiling a collection of different prep for each section. For example, just going to a site to practice timed simple math, or playing a video game that requires multitasking... Easily saved me 60 bucks, thanks again.

would you mind giving some examples of the type of math questions?

It was a mixture of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Examples would be 438 x 44, 66/12, or 8 + 6 +3. But as mentioned before, I think the math is mostly meant to be a distraction.

This is a very good compilation! Thank you for the post. So glad my AT-SA is over. Feel pretty good about it, but there is really no telling!

Memory/Variables
The next section has 3 tests (progressively harder). The first one will flash on screen A=1, B=2, C=3. Then it will ask you what C=, A=, B=... It randomizes the order, but is really simple. Use the NumPad to answer, and I noticed answers were once again never above 4. Each part of the test has 10 questions.

Example: C=2, A=1, B= 4. So what does B=? C=? A=?

By randomizing order do you mean it will not always flash as A=# B=# C=# consecutively ABC?
Or will it just randomize the questions after the flash of ABC ?
sorry I don't know how to quote yet lol.

This was posted on stuckmic by someone else and thought I would share for everyone here.

"This is what I've seen recently:

AT-SA Update
#1) According to HR, AT-SA Testing ENDS on Dec 16th. "If [you] are scheduled to test after that, [you] have done something wrong."
#2) There are two passing categories (although they aren't called Q and WQ): Band 1 (80-100) and Band 2 (70-79). So far, in rough numbers, 5,000 people have tested and the breakdown is 45% 80-100, 30% 70-79, 25% <70% (fail).
#3) You won't get your score (which we already knew), but you will get your "band."
The Referral List should be done by Dec 31 and, using the percentages above, we can estimate that Pool 1 will have 1,600 people in Band 1. That should take care of the 700 some-odd Pool 1 hires, without touching Band 2. By law, disabled veterans and veterans with preference should get selected before CTIers, but we don't know how many veterans are in Band 1..."

I would also like to know if there is any benefit to scoring in band 1 as opposed to band 2, if any at all?

Back
Top Bottom