ATSA Compilation

The third part: two variables will now be equations. All previous rules apply.

Example: B = C * 3, A = B + 1, B = 1. Answer = C = 3, B = 1, A = 2

Great review of the test.

Can you please explain how you solved for C? In the stated example, there were two values for "B".... both C*3 and also 1.

I get that B is 1.... and A = B+1 so therefore A=2.....

But how in the world are you getting C=3 ?

Sorry it's been a long day .....

Edit: Are the given values supposed to say C=B*3 ... A=B+1 ... B=1 That would seem to make more sense to me??

So I have no problem with the math but my wife has problems with the quick mental math. Any suggestions for like an iphone app to practice the math? We have atcprep already but I'm talking something separate just for the math.

So I have no problem with the math but my wife has problems with the quick mental math. Any suggestions for like an iphone app to practice the math? We have atcprep already but I'm talking something separate just for the math.

Try Secrets of Mental Math on Amazon. Short workbook that has tons of tips and examples that will help.

Can you please explain how you solved for C? In the stated example, there were two values for "B".... both C*3 and also 1.

Edit: Are the given values supposed to say C=B*3 ... A=B+1 ... B=1 That would seem to make more sense to me??

I was wondering the same thing and I honestly just think it's a typo. the correct answer would be 1/3 but I've been using the ATCprep and there's no fraction answers and I HIGHLY doubt there's any on the test.

I passed the AT-SA and mostly ignored the math after a certain point. When a radar scenario was up and active I would prioritize removing conflicts. Most people I know that passed did the same. I honestly think it's there to distract and overwhelm the majority of test takers.

After practicing the ATCprep a few times a day the past week I've started to develop a rhythm. I pretty much always try to answer every math question unless I have multiple potential collision scenarios in which case my focus is purely on that and I won't even bother unless I have a few extra seconds post collision deletion to check. Thanks though!

Just a typo. Should be C/3.

A third or forth grade math workbook and a stopwatch.

Last edited:
Random thought here and I could be over thinking it, but has anyone else been slightly concerned about putting all your personal info into that site to get the prep material with the thought of maybe it getting back to the FAA/them actually being an FAA company and it seen as cheating/unfair advantage? I'm scheduled to take the AT-SA next week and was thinking about buying the prep material as a refresher but was just a little leary on that at first glance. Has anyone bought the prep material an then still passed an gotten an offer? Like i said maybe i'm way off base here but it was just a thought.

Random thought here and I could be over thinking it, but has anyone else been slightly concerned about putting all your personal info into that site to get the prep material with the thought of maybe it getting back to the FAA/them actually being an FAA company and it seen as cheating/unfair advantage? I'm scheduled to take the AT-SA next week and was thinking about buying the prep material as a refresher but was just a little leary on that at first glance. Has anyone bought the prep material an then still passed an gotten an offer? Like i said maybe i'm way off base here but it was just a thought.
I’d be worried about the MMPI2 o_O

Definitely overthinking, many have bought and been given offers from last panel. It would be a direct violation of their internal HRPM for the FAA to host the site and make money off it. I can assure you, whoever is running that site and making money off the test prep, they have every incentive to keep it anonymous.

Definitely overthinking, many have bought and been given offers from last panel. It would be a direct violation of their internal HRPM for the FAA to host the site and make money off it. I can assure you, whoever is running that site and making money off the test prep, they have every incentive to keep it anonymous.

Thank you for the response and info!

Thanks for the support everyone and feedback. Luckily my mom has a older computer with Windows on it! So I was able to do it on there. I twas pretty interesting though as the simulation for the collision would freeze for a second or two and mess up the results/% I got correct but everything else was fine.

Thanks for the support everyone and feedback. Luckily my mom has a older computer with Windows on it! So I was able to do it on there. I twas pretty interesting though as the simulation for the collision would freeze for a second or two and mess up the results/% I got correct but everything else was fine.

How’d you do on that simulation? I didn’t do too well on that one at first, because I didn’t realize that the time I took to take one of the aircrafts out of the collision was being timed haha. I did much better my second time around.

Back
Top Bottom