ATSA Compilation

On the collision and math portion of the ATCPrep application I encounter situations where there are no collisions and all dots fly off screen safely but it will report that I missed one. This happens even when the dots would not conceivably run into each other off screen.

Am I missing something or is this normal/does anyone else run into this issue?
I remember that happening to me too. Small glitch that doesn't happen on the real one. One thing I will tell you is that portion of the ATSA is harder than ATC prep on its hardest setting. Not impossible but faster and harder math problems.

On the collision and math portion of the ATCPrep application I encounter situations where there are no collisions and all dots fly off screen safely but it will report that I missed one. This happens even when the dots would not conceivably run into each other off screen.

Am I missing something or is this normal/does anyone else run into this issue?
I believe you have to press the number 0 if there are no collisions. I thought this was every time there was more than one on the screen, but I believe that it's when there was none for that task. You will get a gray message saying it was noted and then at the end of the task, if you were right, it will tell you you are right.

I believe you have to press the number 0 if there are no collisions. I thought this was every time there was more than one on the screen, but I believe that it's when there was none for that task. You will get a gray message saying it was noted and then at the end of the task, if you were right, it will tell you you are right.

This was it, foolishly didn't read the instructions when I installed the app last night and just rushed into it to see what it was like. Just took a look through the instructions now and it reflects that. Thanks.

What are some average scores on the ATCPrep collision section? I've been running it on Difficult and keep scoring in low- to mid-80s. It seems like the "Earliness of response" is weighing down the scores and seems pretty impossible to get higher than a 75% on that subsection unless you can type the number .01 seconds after it shows up on the screen, so what also would be an average score on that section?

What are some average scores on the ATCPrep collision section? I've been running it on Difficult and keep scoring in low- to mid-80s. It seems like the "Earliness of response" is weighing down the scores and seems pretty impossible to get higher than a 75% on that subsection unless you can type the number .01 seconds after it shows up on the screen, so what also would be an average score on that section?
I was also wondering how others were doing with this. I am getting mid 70's on that portion after several runs, trying to get a system down and not be distracted by the math. Response time is hurting me the most also.

This was it, foolishly didn't read the instructions when I installed the app last night and just rushed into it to see what it was like. Just took a look through the instructions now and it reflects that. Thanks.

Had the same exact issue and remembered the 0 trick as well lol, at first I really had no idea wtf was wrong.

Low to mid 80s is good! There's a few glitches in the ATCPrep software where you have to be lucky to not run into them to do better than that. I was scoring around there on prep, and got Best Qualified on the ATSA, so you should be fine.

In the ATCPrep software, it says you should try to remove the lowest number in the collision (Ex. 2 and 7 will collide, so you remove 2). For those who have taken it, is the actual ATSA like that? I haven't seen that 'rule' stated anywhere else...

In the ATCPrep software, it says you should try to remove the lowest number in the collision (Ex. 2 and 7 will collide, so you remove 2). For those who have taken it, is the actual ATSA like that? I haven't seen that 'rule' stated anywhere else...
No. Just as few deletions as possible. So if 2 and 8 are going to collide, remove either. It doesn't care... but if 2 would collide with 8, then later collide with 5 as well, get rid of 2 to resolve both conflicts at once instead of getting rid of both 5 and 8.

Last time I took the ATSA my neither I nor my PSI test administrator knew my aviator ID which was required for login. It became a big ordeal and I was there for almost 2 hours before I could begin my test and I was almost certain that my results would not even go through because I ended up making like 5 different accounts and getting logged in and out multiple times during the test. Yet miraculously I was referred so it must have went through. This time Id like to avoid that if possible. So am I supposed to know my aviator ID or was my test administrator grossly incompetent?

Last time I took the ATSA my neither I nor my PSI test administrator knew my aviator ID which was required for login. It became a big ordeal and I was there for almost 2 hours before I could begin my test and I was almost certain that my results would not even go through because I ended up making like 5 different accounts and getting logged in and out multiple times during the test. Yet miraculously I was referred so it must have went through. This time Id like to avoid that if possible. So am I supposed to know my aviator ID or was my test administrator grossly incompetent?

Are you referring to the ATSAT_ID_NUMBER that's listed in the 'my profile' section on PSI's website?

So for the equations part, is it definitely single digits? Because I’m currently using 1 through 20 and I’m doing well but it gets really confusing.

Weird question, but are we allowed to whisper to ourselves? It helps me saying the numbers and letters out loud rather than saying it in my head.

Weird question, but are we allowed to whisper to ourselves? It helps me saying the numbers and letters out loud rather than saying it in my head.

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of that before lol, but I don’t think it’ll be a problem.....unless you’re one of those really loud whisperers. It’s not going to be a perfectly quiet room, there will be keys tapping, doors opening and closing. You’ll hear some sound, but they should provide some earplugs, so I doubt you’d affect many others.

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of that before lol, but I don’t think it’ll be a problem.....unless you’re one of those really loud whisperers. It’s not going to be a perfectly quiet room, there will be keys tapping, doors opening and closing. You’ll hear some sound, but they should provide some earplugs, so I doubt you’d affect many others.

I figured. Every government entrance exam I've taken, they gave headphones to block out the sound. Not trying to get DQ'd though. And I'm doing extremely well with my practice method.

i apologize if this question has already been asked, but during the actual exam, does it show if you got each individual question right/wrong as it can in ATCprep? I am assuming that it doesn't provide any feedback, but I just wanted to double check to make sure I am studying as accurately as possible.

Back
Top Bottom