C90 Bid - AGL-AT-22-0073-76612

I went out on a limb to see if I could get an iota of info from HR, but not surprisingly, they’re unable to provide an update.

“No, not at this time. If selected, I will contact you to extend a tentative offer once all approvals are received.”

Sounds like C90 is still making decisions.
Once selections are made, there are multiple steps before Tentative's are issued. The Central Service Area has to sign off and the Chicago GM as well, I believe. I think theirs just retired, so that may cause delay as well.

Once selections are made, there are multiple steps before Tentative's are issued. The Central Service Area has to sign off and the Chicago GM as well, I believe. I think theirs just retired, so that may cause delay as well.
That’s all true. I knew the GM was on her way out, but not sure when.

Do they actually make selections? I thought the bid process changed to a centralized selection in the region? Or is that for FLMs?

I think C90 would actually be better off without a bid. They keep putting bids out with move money and then being all picky choosy with selections and making it a whole process that they never actually hire enough people. How do you have a dedicated bid with 3 month priority release, plenty of applicants, and still only projected 69% staffing? At least with the N90 bid, they slammed them with trainees (albeit way too many.) I think places like C90, PHL (if they ever do absorb the EWR area), LAX, ZNY, and ZOA should select with the ncept panel except they aren't subject to the release policy and they still get the automatic 3 month release. No move money, no NEST. Staff them all up to the 30% trainee ratio in perpetuity. You'll get people who really want to be in those locations. Also the selections to those places should take place after the standard ncept so if a facility can release, they don't get punished and people won't be able to perpetually block their coworkers from leaving just for fun.

I think C90 would actually be better off without a bid. They keep putting bids out with move money and then being all picky choosy with selections and making it a whole process that they never actually hire enough people. How do you have a dedicated bid with 3 month priority release, plenty of applicants, and still only projected 69% staffing? At least with the N90 bid, they slammed them with trainees (albeit way too many.) I think places like C90, PHL (if they ever do absorb the EWR area), LAX, ZNY, and ZOA should select with the ncept panel except they aren't subject to the release policy and they still get the automatic 3 month release. No move money, no NEST. Staff them all up to the 30% trainee ratio in perpetuity. You'll get people who really want to be in those locations. Also the selections to those places should take place after the standard ncept so if a facility can release, they don't get punished and people won't be able to perpetually block their coworkers from leaving just for fun.
Isn’t that similar to the LAX/A80 special panel? That seemed to actually be a success for LAX at least

Maybe? Who is to say…?

I think there was some unnecessary drama with the old ATM and old GM which prevented C90 from picking up more controllers. For example, the new ATM wanted to pick up 10 controllers from the last referral list, but the old GM (who is either now gone or almost gone) only allowed them to pick up 4. I may be slightly off on those numbers. As I understand, the GM felt the facility was adequately staffed and would not allow them to pick up controllers from any lower level facilities.

Isn’t that similar to the LAX/A80 special panel? That seemed to actually be a success for LAX at least
I wasn't super knowledgeable about those bids. I thought those were like the current N90/C90 bids where it included move money and they actually picked up a bunch of people, unlike C90 who's potential gains has continued to grow and grow since they got the bid. A80 actually got well staffed enough to release 1 on ncept a few years ago and LAX has released multiple in the last couple years.
Maybe? Who is to say…?

I think there was some unnecessary drama with the old ATM and old GM which prevented C90 from picking up more controllers. For example, the new ATM wanted to pick up 10 controllers from the last referral list, but the old GM (who is either now gone or almost gone) only allowed them to pick up 4. I may be slightly off on those numbers. As I understand, the GM felt the facility was adequately staffed and would not allow them to pick up controllers from any lower level facilities.
Gotta take it out of the GM's hands and leave it up to the NCEPT gods. At least they'd give them some bodies to train. And I know they don't want to train low level guys, I'm sure no big tracon does. But if they're the only ones who want to go, the controllers at c90 shouldn't have to suffer from terrible staffing forever because management refuses to hire anyone.

Gotta take it out of the GM's hands and leave it up to the NCEPT gods. At least they'd give them some bodies to train. And I know they don't want to train low level guys, I'm sure no big tracon does. But if they're the only ones who want to go, the controllers at c90 shouldn't have to suffer from terrible staffing forever because management refuses to hire anyone.
I have no insight as to whether the process should be a bid, or NCEPT, but there is likely a lot of truth in the latter part of your comment.

MJ, what happened to the previous messages in this thread? The 2 previous C90 hires from November last year and May this year.

What happened to the previous messages in this thread? The 2 previous C90 hires from November last year and May this year.
The posts might have been on the main C90 thread. At some point the the administrator moved the C90 Bid conversation to a thread all its own.

MJ, what happened to the previous messages in this thread? The 2 previous C90 hires from November last year and May this year.
There haven’t been any mod actions on this thread since June. Maybe you saw them in another thread like deltabravo suggested?

Back
Top Bottom