Change in Status to those on Excused Absence (Proposal)?

CaptainObvious

Forum Sage
I think you’re supposed to use your own leave if you’re going to be doing anything that could be seen as a ‘vacation.’ We’re technically on excused absence, not leave, only because it’s impossible for us to telework with what we do. If the agency is paying someone to stay at home and self isolate/social distance, but then you’re posting pictures of yourself sitting on some beach 500 miles away, that’s not going to look very good. If you travel to ride our corona with family though and aren’t living it up, I’d say that’s a different story. I also heard if you’re recalled and cannot report within 24 hours, that could be an issue.
But what shift are you considered to be on? Day? Swing? Mid? In any case there are only 8 hours a day that you’re on excused absence, so there are 16 others that you can go anywhere or do anything you please. As long as you can make it back for your next shift period if called in

Horny4Vectors

FAA
Facility
N90 New York Tracon
I still don’t know what this thread is about, but a large TRACON in the mid Atlantic is going 5/5 starting with PP14

FightingIrish2012

Forum Sage
But what shift are you considered to be on? Day? Swing? Mid? In any case there are only 8 hours a day that you’re on excused absence, so there are 16 others that you can go anywhere or do anything you please. As long as you can make it back for your next shift period if called in
This is a good point, I highly doubt the agency will be recalling people with any regularity but if they start to they better specify what 8-10 hours you are “recallable” for.

32andBelow

Forum Sage
I was told I was 7-330 since I was in class at the time.