Change in Status to those on Excused Absence (Proposal)?

Planes fly more than 1 flight a day. The point is flights are coming back faster and faster. The faa will prolly go full panic when they fail to predict it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way you're talking about the FAA is the entity as a whole "the FAA will prolly go full panic..."
Wheras all the guidance is that facilities are going on a case by case. So much so that some center trainees are returning already, and some at-risk have been called back already, whereas others are getting e-mails like Type1 and I have received.

Personally, my facility management is on top of the upcoming airline schedule changes/increases, as they get notifications from the airport and the airlines for planning purposes. I doubt any full on panic mode across the entire agency.

Keep in mind there are facilities (typically lower level) that have sufficient staffing such that an At-Risk may not need to be called back in basically at any point. Obviously other criteria will end up dictating when they come back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way you're talking about the FAA is the entity as a whole "the FAA will prolly go full panic..."
Wheras all the guidance is that facilities are going on a case by case. So much so that some center trainees are returning already, and some at-risk have been called back already, whereas others are getting e-mails like Type1 and I have received.

Personally, my facility management is on top of the upcoming airline schedule changes/increases, as they get notifications from the airport and the airlines for planning purposes. I doubt any full on panic mode across the entire agency.

Keep in mind there are facilities (typically lower level) that have sufficient staffing such that an At-Risk may not need to be called back in basically at any point. Obviously other criteria will end up dictating when they come back.
Just takes 1 facility to be off the ball and have big delays.

Just takes 1 facility to be off the ball and have big delays.

Or seen another more optimistic way.... a couple facilities to be ON the ball and end a shutdown! TYVM ZDC/LGA. Second wave coming boys! Beijing going in lockdown.

giphy.gif

LOL pass some of that shit over here and leave the bottle

giphy.gif

I don’t know what’s going on anymore. Are trainees still on “EA” or have they started to go back to work for staffing? Anybody going into work once a month to maintain currency?
What trainees are sitting at home? Just the ones who’ve started since COVID or are the data only people still at home? Did I miss some NATCA email? Oshsbshekelsishsgsvz

I don’t know what’s going on anymore. Are trainees still on “EA” or have they started to go back to work for staffing? Anybody going into work once a month to maintain currency?
What trainees are sitting at home? Just the ones who’ve started since COVID or are the data only people still at home? Did I miss some NATCA email? Oshsbshekelsishsgsvz
No you didn’t miss a natca email ????

the only trainees working are ones with certifications that their facility has deemed useful.

Some trainees with useful certs weren't called back before their 120 days ran out, and now can't return until at least some form of training resumes.

Some trainees with useful certs weren't called back before their 120 days ran out, and now can't return until at least some form of training resumes.
Yeah it seems totally random. We have d1s back and i think I’ve heard of people with radar certs not back

Yeah it seems totally random. We have d1s back and i think I’ve heard of people with radar certs not back

it’s not random, but It’s obviously not a national policy. Can those facilities or areas run an optimal schedule with or without those people? That’s how it was decided. Imagine that, someone actually looked at how to schedule. Wow.

it’s not random, but It’s obviously not a national policy. Can those facilities or areas run an optimal schedule with or without those people? That’s how it was decided. Imagine that, someone actually looked at how to schedule. Wow.
That’s being very generous to management. Many were recalled without real cause. Some places might be working too much traffic with the short staffing. People at my facility were recalled way too soon according to everyone but OMs and ATM. So everyone who actually knows what the operation is.

I remember at the start of all this they were trying to work an entire area except one scope with one person. Few times have I called over to them and heard more of an ass kicking going on than during those time’s. Didn’t last long haha.

Last edited:
That’s being very generous to management. Many were recalled without real cause. Some places might be working too much traffic with the short staffing. People at my facility were recalled way too soon according to everyone but OMs and ATM. So everyone who actually knows what the operation is.
I agree it’s generous to managment at some facilities, but also natca at others. I know some places natca did everything including bidding for the new lines created.
And to CF, I think it’s fucked up when controllers leave another to sink just because they don’t feel like working. Height of laziness.

I agree it’s generous to managment at some facilities, but also natca at others. I know some places natca did everything including bidding for the new lines created.
And to CF, I think it’s fucked up when controllers leave another to sink just because they don’t feel like working. Height of laziness.
I don’t know what the arrangement was because I don’t actually work in that facility but a few times I zoomed out and was like “damn that’s a lot of airplanes for one dude to be working” I don’t think it was unsafe or unsustainable it just was an ass kicker and in normal times you’d be splitting it.

Back
Top Bottom