Classes cancelled

Amedes146

I had a class date for 9/27. Just got off the phone with HR and was told my class was cancelled and that currently there is no released schedule for new classes.

I had a class date for 9/27. Just got off the phone with HR and was told my class was cancelled and that currently there is no released schedule for new classes.
I wonder why. I think the course catalogue shows classes for the first week n second week of October if I remember

I wonder if they're waiting to see what the infinite wisdom of Congress comes up with for a spending bill before they continue with classes.

I've heard there has also been issues with clearances going through. My class is only 8 strong. I wonder if there just weren't enough to keep a class going.

I wonder if they're waiting to see what the infinite wisdom of Congress comes up with for a spending bill before they continue with classes.

I've heard there has also been issues with clearances going through. My class is only 8 strong. I wonder if there just weren't enough to keep a class going.
Yea perhaps that might be playing a part in all of this. I’m already cleared, I was just told they are waiting for the next available classes. But I was a bit confused since the catalog showed classes in October. I’m assuming they are waiting for clearance to fill those up I guess.

My HR informed me that she was just waiting on the academy to release the class schedule and that she was unsure when that will be. I believe the fiscal year begins Oct 1st.

My HR informed me that she was just waiting on the academy to release the class schedule and that she was unsure when that will be. I believe the fiscal year begins Oct 1st.

Maybe that's the case. My HR rep gave me zero info on if itll start up again in October. I just wanted to let folks know if just in case.

I believe they don’t have enough bodies to fill up classes right now.

If that was the case, why would they cancel the 9/27 class if there are people with clearances waiting for a start date.
How many people?

But just to reference

I had talked with somebody here in OKC who deals with the on boarding process and this is pretty accurate. What I understood them saying was that it was really medical that was dragging the process down. Go figure ?

So far I’ve counted 2. I was never offered the 9/27 class date.

I mean who knows maybe they couldn’t fill it. Likewise I just feel like they’re running out of people and they’re pretty much caught up with the exception of those waiting for medical to clear them. They weren’t a lot of people selected on the 2018 bid. And there’s probably only a handful left for 2017 and before.

I mean who knows maybe they couldn’t fill it. Likewise I just feel like they’re running out of people and they’re pretty much caught up with the exception of those waiting for medical to clear them. They weren’t a lot of people selected on the 2018 bid. And there’s probably only a handful left for 2017 and before.
That might be another possibility, I think there’s about 2-3 that have got clearance and are waiting for a class.

Hah, how ridiculous, but also completely par for the course. Facilities are on mandatory 6 day work weeks, busting their butts to cover for the FAA’s inability to adequately staff the workforce. Staffing is a raging dumpster fire and meanwhile HR is just like MEH we can’t even fill classes! Doesn’t seem like this will ever get better, either. I haven’t even been in 5 years and I’m ready to jump ship. It’s getting harder and harder to recommend this job to anyone anymore. End bitter rant.

Hah, how ridiculous, but also completely par for the course. Facilities are on mandatory 6 day work weeks, busting their butts to cover for the FAA’s inability to adequately staff the workforce. Staffing is a raging dumpster fire and meanwhile HR is just like MEH we can’t even fill classes! Doesn’t seem like this will ever get better, either. I haven’t even been in 5 years and I’m ready to jump ship. It’s getting harder and harder to recommend this job to anyone anymore. End bitter rant.
Work begins it never ends.

I haven’t even been in 5 years and I’m ready to jump ship. It’s getting harder and harder to recommend this job to anyone anymore. End bitter rant.

Agree. In many ways this job sucks the ambition and joy out of life, and then you die young. Yet we have it seems about 85% of the workforce brainwashed into thinking its like working for google or some irreplaceable job. Maybe a few of the most highly desired level 12's are like that, but the majority of people are grinding the day to day at a low level shithole putting up with little Hitlers and big assholes. Then you get gut punched with downgrades and shutdowns and NCEPT madness, et al. I don't blame anyone who resigns or withdraws, in fact I congratulate them.

Agree. In many ways this job sucks the ambition and joy out of life, and then you die young. Yet we have it seems about 85% of the workforce brainwashed into thinking its like working for google or some irreplaceable job. Maybe a few of the most highly desired level 12's are like that, but the majority of people are grinding the day to day at a low level shithole putting up with little Hitlers and big assholes. Then you get gut punched with downgrades and shutdowns and NCEPT madness, et al. I don't blame anyone who resigns or withdraws, in fact I congratulate them.
So why don’t YOU resign? Golden handcuffs of the salary/benefits/etc? Just curious if it’s the same reasons I don’t resign lol

I worked enough jobs in the private sector (auto mechanic and then insurance) before enlisting to know just how good we do have it compared to many, many people even when stuck in a place you hate. Not saying there’s not better gigs out there cause there certainly is, but it’s also not nearly as bad as some people like to pretend.

So why don’t YOU resign? Golden handcuffs of the salary/benefits/etc? Just curious if it’s the same reasons I don’t resign lol

It a good question. It would be fair to call me a hypocrite ;)

I almost did once, but got a reprieve in the 11th hour and transferred. I supposed I will need to do that at least one or two more times in the career to make it to the finish line. In AA they call that a "geographic fix", and it never works because the underlying problems persist. The honeymoon period is nice tho. I keep thinking I will reach some Zen state where I am ok w all the BS & let that dirt slide off my shoulder :lol:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom