Dear SFO, Please stop this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the .65:

NOTE− When using LUAW, an imminent departure is one that will not be delayed beyond the time that is required to ensure a safe operation. An aircraft should not be in LUAW status for more than 90 seconds without additional instructions.

She gave him additional information. Are some of you actually certified at Core 30 towers? I see some TRACON only and Center folks commenting on a level 10 tower controller. A place that obviously pushes traffic and does this routinely to have it on the ATIS. I know my tower has people wait more than 90 secs for LUAW because you have to on intersecting runways sometimes when TRACON gives you a shit sequence.
I don't think anyone is arguing that DL lining up was a great idea bro.

But given that it happened, there were professional adult ways to handle the issue, and then there was the way she handled it. She could've literally said "exit the runway at C without delay, traffic is on a X mile final" and that would've been the end of it. It's not like the DL pilots were being belligerent or causing a stink.

We expect pilots to be able to depart from either runway, but if they’re taxied to one runway and then when number one told to cross and LUAW the other runway and be ready to depart immediately, that’s just unreasonable.
It's not just unreasonable, it's straight up impossible. A runway change triggers a mandatory checklist to be run, new data to be put into the FMS. Something tells me SFO isn't going to be allowed to put this stupid shit on their ATIS for much longer.

It's not just unreasonable, it's straight up impossible. A runway change triggers a mandatory checklist to be run, new data to be put into the FMS. Something tells me SFO isn't going to be allowed to put this stupid shit on their ATIS for much longer.
I hope you're a core 30 tower controller or you aren't allowed to have an opinion 🤣

This is not how "the numbers" work, at all. Stop it now before more controllers and ATC get embarrassed by a "procedure" that is not compatible in an airline cockpit.

It may maybe a running joke, but you need to actually collaborate harder with the airlines before exposing yourself like this.

Answer: The airliner still has to input/tell the FMS which runway it is departing from. And yes 28L and 28R make a difference. SWA is required to set the parking, re enter the information, and the other pilot verify it before departing. 2 minutes minimum.

Now off to an event to drink my dues away for this pay period.
If only there was a program where controllers could sit in the cockpit to understand these things... Well, maybe one day when the NAS is fully staffed

If only there was a program where controllers could sit in the cockpit to understand these things... Well, maybe one day when the NAS is fully staffed
The controllers who do these kinds of stupid things, are not the controllers who would learn or benefit anything from the FAM program.

Straight from the .65:

NOTE− When using LUAW, an imminent departure is one that will not be delayed beyond the time that is required to ensure a safe operation. An aircraft should not be in LUAW status for more than 90 seconds without additional instructions.

She gave him additional information. Are some of you actually certified at Core 30 towers? I see some TRACON only and Center folks commenting on a level 10 tower controller. A place that obviously pushes traffic and does this routinely to have it on the ATIS. I know my tower has people wait more than 90 secs for LUAW because you have to on intersecting runways sometimes when TRACON gives you a shit sequence.
I‘m certified at a core 30 tower, and if my number 1 is waiting for 6 off the other side of the airport, I don’t LUAW right away.
As a pilot I want to line up for the minimum time possible, as a controller, what’s the difference lining up for 30 sec or 3 min? you aren’t saving shit by lining up way in advance.

I‘m certified at a core 30 tower, and if my number 1 is waiting for 6 off the other side of the airport, I don’t LUAW right away.
As a pilot I want to line up for the minimum time possible, as a controller, what’s the difference lining up for 30 sec or 3 min? you aren’t saving shit by lining up way in advance.
Line up and wait for 5 minutes is absurd.

The controllers who do these kinds of stupid things, are not the controllers who would learn or benefit anything from the FAM program.
Maybe, but maybe they hear the experience of the ones who did and maybe they do something different. There’s a 0% chance of progress if we don’t have FDT

I'm confused why every depiction seems to show SWA past the edge lines on 28L when ASDE commands the go-around. Were they on the runway or not? If they were past the edge lines, that's clear of the runway even if they're not past the hold short bars as long as nothing will prevent them from continuing past the hold bars. There doesn't seem to be anything that would prevent that so uhhh wtf? I would say bad graphics but I've seen like 4 or 5 different graphics and they all show SWA past the edge line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom