didn't get letter of rec. from CTI time in time for application

circlez

Lurker
I'm a CTI graduate from 2014. I just applied in the June 2022 bid - as everyone knows it was only open for three days (during the weekend) - I of course had no idea they would re-open it so I just got it in on time. I applied to Pool 1 as a CTI graduate, and included my transcripts BUT couldn't get the letter in time. Will I be automatically rejected? Can I somehow still send the letter?

I'm a CTI graduate from 2014. I just applied in the June 2022 bid - as everyone knows it was only open for three days (during the weekend) - I of course had no idea they would re-open it so I just got it in on time. I applied to Pool 1 as a CTI graduate, and included my transcripts BUT couldn't get the letter in time. Will I be automatically rejected? Can I somehow still send the letter?
I don’t know anything about your letter of rec, but I will say they advertised the hell out of this bid up to three weeks in advance… and in a lot of cases the dates were leaked well before then.

Sounds like you should have been a little bit more prepared.

I'm a CTI grad from 2018. The FAA doesn't care about a letter of recommendation.

Won't matter and they won't "add to application" after. The deadline is the deadline. They'll say. "If I do yours, I'll have to allow thousands more."

I'm a CTI grad from 2018. The FAA doesn't care about a letter of recommendation.
That changed recently, for 2021 bid they asked me for it. I got not referred for pool 1 because of it , but I did qualify because I am vet and they had to accept it.

I am not sure if you will be placed automatically into Pool 2 or you will get kicked out of the bid. But it states in the bid rules and following documents they are even in bold for you to read. You must add the letter of recommendation. You just need to send an email to the director of your CTI program at your school that you went to. All what matters is how well you do on that test. The better you score the better odds you get of getting selected. That's what counts the most.

I am not sure if you will be placed automatically into Pool 2 or you will get kicked out of the bid. But it states in the bid rules and following documents they are even in bold for you to read. You must add the letter of recommendation. You just need to send an email to the director of your CTI program at your school that you went to. All what matters is how well you do on that test. The better you score the better odds you get of getting selected. That's what counts the most.
To add to this, I went to a CTI school, took all of the required courses to obtain CTI, aside from one elective course that they wanted me to delay my graduation for. So, I graduated without my CTI, applied pool 2 last year, did well enough to BQ on the ATSA, and got the TOL much earlier than my CTI course classmates. Not having a CTI and being in pool 2 truly isn't a hinderance if you prepare well enough for the ATSA. So, let the ATSA preparation be your priority for now.

Back
Top Bottom