didn't get letter of rec. from CTI time in time for application

Back when I was at the Academy and they did the study day at CAMI, the lady there mentioned they did studies and there was statistically almost 0 difference in the success rates between CTI and OTS hires.

I can say that I was an OTS bid, and we ended up losing two CTI's during our academy class. One during basics, and one during final radar evals (though he shouldn't have). I haven't really seen CTI make a difference in getting through the academy other than being able to get to the academy for being Pool 1.

I can say that I was an OTS bid, and we ended up losing two CTI's during our academy class. One during basics, and one during final radar evals (though he shouldn't have). I haven't really seen CTI make a difference in getting through the academy other than being able to get to the academy for being Pool 1.
IMO what it boils down to is a person either has the skills and capacity to do this job, or they don’t. An education can give you a head start on understanding how the job itself works, but it doesn’t necessarily develop the skills and abilities that are required to be successful. Someone can understand how to read a data block, know how to make a transmission with proper phraseology, and even know the .65 forward and back, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be able to see traffic and resolve conflicts. You can do it or you can’t.

Back when I was at the Academy and they did the study day at CAMI, the lady there mentioned they did studies and there was statistically almost 0 difference in the success rates between CTI and OTS hires.

I found a study a long time ago that looked at enroute training. Educational attainment had no bearing on outcome. CTI degree had no bearing on outcome. I think the only things that had a measurable effect were math gpa and being an IFR rated pilot.

Back
Top Bottom