didn't get letter of rec. from CTI time in time for application

How is CTI a scam? Both my Instructors where former Academy Instructors who thought us the Academy airport and what they'd be looking for. We also took the CTO exam.
If it all but guaranteed an academy slot, then I would say sure but it doesn’t. It doesn’t matter if you can learn academy airport at CTI though in the eyes of the FAA... I’ve known plenty of CTI grads that have washed in OKC.

How is CTI a scam? Both my Instructors where former Academy Instructors who thought us the Academy airport and what they'd be looking for. We also took the CTO exam.
You are literally paying someone to give you a document saying you have completed a college course to be possibly eligible to be hired (based on prior employment history, medical condition, and aptitude, all of which are not evaluated for prior to you taking on student loans). The people you are being evaluated by are being paid for by the college which you pay for the degree. They have no say or bearing on your hiring chances. Nil. Do you not see the conflict of interest? The CTO exam means nothing. You would be better suited going to one of those on the job technical schools like Advanced ATC or going into the military to get real experience.

Back when I was at the Academy and they did the study day at CAMI, the lady there mentioned they did studies and there was statistically almost 0 difference in the success rates between CTI and OTS hires.

You are literally paying someone to give you a document saying you have completed a college course to be possibly eligible to be hired (based on prior employment history, medical condition, and aptitude, all of which are not evaluated for prior to you taking on student loans). The people you are being evaluated by are being paid for by the college which you pay for the degree. They have no say or bearing on your hiring chances. Nil. Do you not see the conflict of interest? The CTO exam means nothing. You would be better suited going to one of those on the job technical schools like Advanced ATC or going into the military to get real experience.
You said always has been tho. And for a long time it was absolutely required. It’s def not worth it now. And anyone smart gets it as an add on or focus to a general aviation degree that’s applicable to broad aviation jobs.

Back when I was at the Academy and they did the study day at CAMI, the lady there mentioned they did studies and there was statistically almost 0 difference in the success rates between CTI and OTS hires.
There was also a vast difference in the quality of different cri programs. And they were going to start ranking the cti programs but instead they decided to ask you if you like to paint or fix a door

Do you know anyone who has got a CTO from advanced atc and had success applying for the prior experience bid through the FAA?

This thread reminds me of when you become FAA and OTS people flip back and say Military controllers are a joke and no better either, citing NATCA seniority doesn't count any of it.

Me, I'm on the 22 exp bid. But I have also been doing contract for almost 4 years
Can you share your experience at Advanced ATC? I washed out of the academy and was looking into that option to hopefully find my way back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

yes, me. I got picked up on the 2022 bid
Can you share what your experience at Advanced ATC? Any advice for incoming students?

Can you share your experience at Advanced ATC? I washed out of the academy and was looking into that option to hopefully find my way back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can you share what your experience at Advanced ATC? Any advice for incoming students?
Just move on man. The academy is the easiest part. I wouldn’t sink any more money into it. Maybe look into dispatch or maintenance or even pilot

Back
Top Bottom