Does the gov have a home buying program?

DankVectorz

Legendary Member
FAA
Facility
N90 New York Tracon
I know many private companies will buy your house for at or near market value if they transfer you, but does the FAA/Fed do this? Say they were splitting off your area and sending it to another facility, would them buying your house be an option?

I know many private companies will buy your house for at or near market value if they transfer you, but does the FAA/Fed do this? Say they were splitting off your area and sending it to another facility, would them buying your house be an option?
No, not in any case like that, they do in some extraordinary circumstances for very high level people, or maybe to lure a executive from Amazon or somewhere to work for the Feds in DC, but that’s about it. It works the same in the private sector, usually just people at the VP level or higher get perks like that.

I spent a lot of time in the private sector prior to ATC, it was funny the one time hearing a few people in the break room who went military at 18 then right into the FAA talking that “our benefits are good but if the private sector you get stuff we don’t get like Christmas bonuses, profit sharing, etc....”. Christmas bonuses are not a thing unless you are a executive, unless you count something like a $20 Applebee’s gift card as a bonus. Also any meaningful profit sharing is often offered rather then a 401k match, and get dumped right into your retirement account it’s not a extra check you get (again, unless you are really high up).

Although it is N90, so maybe they will, different set of rules there.

It works the same in the private sector, usually just people at the VP level or higher get perks like that.
Enterprise did it for my buddy who is an ordinary accountant in the accounting department. Gave him 95% of appraised value when they transferred him from STL to CHS. I’d never heard of anything like that until him. It blew my mind. Have heard it’s actually fairly common when it’s them transferring you rather than one you requested.

Enterprise did it for my buddy who is an ordinary accountant in the accounting department. Gave him 95% of appraised value when they transferred him from STL to CHS. I’d never heard of anything like that until him. It blew my mind. Have heard it’s actually fairly common when it’s them transferring you rather than one you requested.
Definitely a vastly different scenario in the private sector with a forced transfer/asked transfer.

I was a mid level manager for a fleet company before I got into the FAA. They had a lot of what you're saying alongside moving reimbursements and a rent stipend for the first few months. The house program was for forced moves, though the other option was usually loss of the job. Bonuses were monthly, quarterly, and a year end averaging out about 45-50k a year in bonuses on my end.

Not executive level of course but it is a real thing in the private sector. But there is more bullshit imo.

Back
Top Bottom