Enroute vs Terminal Megathread

So I got a TOL as "Terminal" selection. Is there still a decent chance i'm not going to be stuck in Elmira NY making 70k or something? Do I get the option for higher paying, more challenging towers if i want that? Really wanted Enroute but i'm not gonna complain here.

So I got a TOL as "Terminal" selection. Is there still a decent chance i'm not going to be stuck in Elmira NY making 70k or something? Do I get the option for higher paying, more challenging towers if i want that? Really wanted Enroute but i'm not gonna complain here.

Hey hey, what's all the Elmira bashing about? Lol

haha my mom was born and raised in Elmira, it's still a great opportunity but i want to be sweating my ass off daily for big bucks. Just my personality. I already have a pretty sweet gig in finance but i'll probably still take the terminal offer.

haha my mom was born and raised in Elmira, it's still a great opportunity but i want to be sweating my ass off daily for big bucks. Just my personality. I already have a pretty sweet gig in finance but i'll probably still take the terminal offer.

I don't think ELM is taking any more Academy grads for a year or so. As far as other small facilities that are often in small towns, living in small towns can suck, I'll agree with that all day. But low level towers often come with faster checkout times and higher checkout rates than center, which means you get to bid out faster. Since you got terminal and aren't going to go to a big tower straight out of the Academy anyway, checking out and checking out quickly should be your primary concern.

Good call. Actually Elmira is a nice town I just toured Denver center and that's what i had my "dreams" set on but i'm not complaining. I need to get out of this town so this is a god send.

Speaking of ELM, for anyone who cares, Section 804 recommendation just came down for both BGM and ELM to consolidate approaches to AVP...

Good call. Actually Elmira is a nice town I just toured Denver center and that's what i had my "dreams" set on but i'm not complaining. I need to get out of this town so this is a god send.

Ah, but with the rate that Colorado real estate is moving, you will definitely find housing and apartments tough to come by if you got sent there.... plus, Denver center doesn’t come up too often for choices for new enroute grads....

Then again, the grass is always greener where you are not.

Last edited:
Ah, but with the rate that Colorado real estate is moving, you will definitely find housing and apartments tough to come by if you got sent there.... plus, Denver center doesn’t come up to often for choices for new enroute grads....

Then again, the grass is always greener where you are not.

Yeah I live in Denver. Rent is unreal. I actually bought a condo and it's the same price as renting. Was able to tour Denver Center a few times as well as centennial tower and DIA Tracon. It's funny my ex-girlfriend was CTI and got me into this or i'd never have known about it at all.

Denver Center has received exactly 1 academy grad in the last 2-3 years because their Inbound demands are always drastically less than the CPC transfer supply. One of the few centers that doesn't really get academy grads.

Denver Center is in Longmont, CO. That’s a ways outside of Denver, the cost of living should be a bit better that far out of town.

Denver Center has received exactly 1 academy grad in the last 2-3 years because their Inbound demands are always drastically less than the CPC transfer supply. One of the few centers that doesn't really get academy grads.

Not correct. More then 1.
2 in 2015 went to one area alone.

Not correct. More then 1.
2 in 2015 went to one area alone.
My bad, I'm not at work to check the history list. 1 grad listed in more than 2 years but less than 3 years. Point is, out of the hundreds of total enroute academy grads in the last few years the % that went to ZDV was what? 1%? 2? Less than 1%? Less than 5% for sure.
And with the NCEPT every 2 months now it's even less time for the staffing to dip below natl avg by enough, relative to other centers, to climb the Enroute Inbound new hire priority list before those slots are taken by NCEPT inbounds.

Last edited:
My bad, I'm not at work to check the history list. 1 grad listed in more than 2 years but less than 3 years. Point is, out of the hundreds of total enroute academy grads in the last few years the % that went to ZDV was what? 1%? 2? Less than 1%? Less than 5% for sure.
And with the NCEPT every 2 months now it's even less time for the staffing to dip below natl avg by enough, relative to other centers, to climb the Enroute Inbound new hire priority list before those slots are taken by NCEPT inbounds.
10 in 2015
0 in 2016
1 in 2017

In the last two and a half years, they've had 27 ERR's and 1 academy grad.

Back
Top Bottom