Enroute vs Terminal Megathread

a huge benefit I like about the terminal environment is the ability to actually go to the terminal on break, and buy tickets at the ticket counter for half the cost of buying them online. I just got round trip tickets from new orleans to O'hare for under 70 bucks.

a huge benefit I like about the terminal environment is the ability to actually go to the terminal on break, and buy tickets at the ticket counter for half the cost of buying them online. I just got round trip tickets from new orleans to O'hare for under 70 bucks.

Is the tickets for half off an unadvertised benefit of working for the FAA?

Ha! We get zero flight benefits. Twice a year you can do some “training” and ride in the cockpit with pilots to learn about their side of the story, but it has a lot of restrictions and is a pain in the ass.

no, but most airlines sell tickets at the counter at unadvertised rates that don't involve any online fees. i took spirit direct to ORD and back for 66.56... online it would have been 106.

Except for the towers where it's a 10 minute drive to the terminal or anything else on the airport.

no, but most airlines sell tickets at the counter at unadvertised rates that don't involve any online fees. i took spirit direct to ORD and back for 66.56... online it would have been 106.

Are you sure other airlines do this? I was under the impression that Spirit is the only airline that has cheaper tickets at the counter.

Also, for anyone else who is curious about it, the trick for Spirit is that whatever fare you see online, the same flight will be $18 cheaper at the airport counter. That's just one way, so if you fly RT, it would be $36 saved per person.

Are you sure other airlines do this? I was under the impression that Spirit is the only airline that has cheaper tickets at the counter.

Also, for anyone else who is curious about it, the trick for Spirit is that whatever fare you see online, the same flight will be $18 cheaper at the airport counter. That's just one way, so if you fly RT, it would be $36 saved per person.
ive done it with allegiant also, not even from the same airport, ticket counter at LEX flew from CVG

I'm looking to do a tour at a center since I got an en route TOL. I live in Tampa so it's equal distance to either ZMA or ZJX. With that said, which would be a better center to try and tour at?

I'm looking to do a tour at a center since I got an en route TOL. I live in Tampa so it's equal distance to either ZMA or ZJX. With that said, which would be a better center to try and tour at?
Both of the NATCA reps are great, can't go wrong either way. ZJX is located in Hilliard and is for all intensive purposes, in the middle of nowhere. Miami center is one of the few centers that actually has an address in the same city the center is named after so the surrounding areas will give you two different feels.

Both of the NATCA reps are great, can't go wrong either way. ZJX is located in Hilliard and is for all intensive purposes, in the middle of nowhere. Miami center is one of the few centers that actually has an address in the same city the center is named after so the surrounding areas will give you two different feels.
This helps for sure. I would have to make a trip out of it as they aren't close enough for me to want to drive there and back in one day with the tour also going. How long does a tour usually last?

This helps for sure. I would have to make a trip out of it as they aren't close enough for me to want to drive there and back in one day with the tour also going. How long does a tour usually last?
dont know if you remember me but im in tampa too, i barely managed to get the day off from work for the atsa so if you do end up going on a tour i'd appreciate you sharing your experience!

Back
Top Bottom