ERR - Correspondence Courses

KG

FAA
Facility
POC Brackett Tower
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to put together my first ERR package and need to get as many points as possible. I see the section about the courses worth 2 points and am wondering can I take any course on elms or is it only certain ones?

Also, I think I should have veterans preference but it's not showing up in my eopf. How can I get that fixed?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to put together my first ERR package and need to get as many points as possible. I see the section about the courses worth 2 points and am wondering can I take any course on elms or is it only certain ones?

Also, I think I should have veterans preference but it's not showing up in my eopf. How can I get that fixed?
  1. There are no points anymore, so nothing you put matters. Not sarcastic. All that matters is if you are a CPC or not.
  2. Vet pref is only for initial hiring into the FAA, it has no meaning after that.
  3. ELMS courses are not the learning courses. The FAA has a distance learning program that you have to sign up for, get supervisor approval.. yadda yadda. They mail you physical course materials and some have tests that have to be done under supervision. There's only one that's related to controllers, and it's an OJTI one.
I actually just got an example package from HR a couple days ago. I'm going to add it to the ERR package resource, but I'll up it here too.
Note: she filled out all the stages of training in the experience box, but you don't have to do that.

Attachments

• Sample 2152 ERR package.pdf
    781 KB · Views: 92
  1. There are no points anymore, so nothing you put matters. Not sarcastic. All that matters is if you are a CPC or not.
  2. Vet pref is only for initial hiring into the FAA, it has no meaning after that.
  3. ELMS courses are not the learning courses. The FAA has a distance learning program that you have to sign up for, get supervisor approval.. yadda yadda. They mail you physical course materials and some have tests that have to be done under supervision. There's only one that's related to controllers, and it's an OJTI one.
I actually just got an example package from HR a couple days ago. I'm going to add it to the ERR package resource, but I'll up it here too.
Note: she filled out all the stages of training in the experience box, but you don't have to do that.

Wow, thank you for the example but that makes a confusing process even worse!

I'm putting in from a level 8 to a level 12. Two years FAA experience and six years Air Force experience. I figured it was a long shot for me with such little FAA experience but I wanted to try.

With the points omitted how would that affect my chances?

Looks like I have to revise my packet!

Experience doesn't even matter now with the new ERR MOU. All that matters is that you're a CPC and your facility can release CPCs. Experience may help with the gaining facility ATM's ranking, but that's about it.

Just make sure your facility has the ability to release people and that you get your ERR paperwork in before the submission cut-off (can't remember the date off the top of my head but I think it's around Aug 15th or so). If you're able, go visit the facility (if you haven't already) so if the ATM's ranking comes into play, it could help.

Not kidding when I say none of it matters. Just include all the papers they want and the signatures. It's completely out of your hands. There is literally nothing you can do to make your chances better or worse (besides not applying to facilities with vacancies). That's one of the reasons the mou is so godawful

Read the threads on the ERR MOU for info on it.

Not kidding when I say none of it matters. Just include all the papers they want and the signatures. It's completely out of your hands. There is literally nothing you can do to make your chances better or worse (besides not applying to facilities with vacancies). That's one of the reasons the mou is so godawful

Read the threads on the ERR MOU for info on it.

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the info guys.

Hi everyone,

points don't matter any more....

Back
Top Bottom