Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-49432

goldenticket.jpg

This sucks, well not that much! #Ivegotthegoldenticket

Lol. This is the song I sang when I got my DD-214

So I have a pretty tricky question. I am already a Federal employee with the TSA, they are not on the G band scale. Since I already did the background investigation, the medical exam and everything else required for federal employment, will I have to undergo all of this again? Or could I fast-forward in this hiring process?

Unfortunately you will have to do it all again for the FAA. The good part is it "should" be a much quicker process for you since you've already got a lot of info in the system. Pure speculation on my part, but it seems reasonable.

So I have a pretty tricky question. I am already a Federal employee with the TSA, they are not on the G band scale. Since I already did the background investigation, the medical exam and everything else required for federal employment, will I have to undergo all of this again? Or could I fast-forward in this hiring process?
You will have to do it again. Controllers are on the AT pay scale btw, and it has nothing to do with any preemployment requirements.

Question for the people who received their clearance email already: How far back does the background information need to be? I've heard it's sf85 (I think) for terminal, which is only like 5 or so years, while enroute is sf86 and it's 10 years. Any confirmation? Getting all the info starting in 2007 will suck immensely if so lol.

Question for the people who received their clearance email already: How far back does the background information need to be? I've heard it's sf85 (I think) for terminal, which is only like 5 or so years, while enroute is sf86 and it's 10 years. Any confirmation? Getting all the info starting in 2007 will suck immensely if so lol.

My "Where Have You Lived" portion went back 10 years, and had to include address + a person who knew me there. Same with schools, and employment activities.

Still no CIL for me yet and today is my 4 week mark. Called HR today and was quickly cut off "we are working on them", then I tried another pleasantry and another "we are working on them".

Same here brother! My HR was on Holiday leave and didn't get back TOL yesterday... no email replies nor a phone call back... by this rate I will retire from the current job when it's time to pick a facility!
Still no CIL for me yet and today is my 4 week mark. Called HR today and was quickly cut off "we are working on them", then I tried another pleasantry and another "we are working on them".

Same here guys... nothing yet! 2 guys I work with, got TOL's same day as me, already done with clearances, both took psych tests, and both scheduled medical appointments... getting frustrated.

Ditto. TOL received and paperwork returned on 8 Dec. Still nothing yet. Anyone else on both bids and take the ATSA? I got an update for the OTS bid, but what's curious to me is I didn't get the option on my prior experience TOL to terminate my bid for OTS like I've seen people have the option to do in the past?

Ditto. TOL received and paperwork returned on 8 Dec. Still nothing yet. Anyone else on both bids and take the ATSA? I got an update for the OTS bid, but what's curious to me is I didn't get the option on my prior experience TOL to terminate my bid for OTS like I've seen people have the option to do in the past?
I pondered that as well then I was like NAH I'd rather not go to the school house... Rather go straight to the facility! I still don't know which option will be better though! If it's about the money I really don't care. Just want to control again.

Oh, make no mistake about it, I want the prior experience bid. I accepted that TOL and returned the paperwork. Had seen in the past where there was an option for those on two bids (prior and OTS) to cancel out the OTS bid when they accept the prior experience. Didn't know if it was the same for someone else in a similar situation or if it was yet another change to the hiring process...

Alright fellas, I think one of life's fastest meanest curveballs was just thrown my way. So I got my TOL on the 16th of December right. I followed EVERY INSTUCTION TO THE T. Double checked Tripled check and sent it off to aviation careers. I even sent a duplicate email to my HR rep. Well I have some down time today and to no avail there Isn't a CIL in my inbox as I was hoping. I go back to review my documents, and look at that, the email to aviation careers is still in the outbox but the one to the HR rep was sent! So my HR rep has been on leave like no one else's business it's crazy.

So I'm slightly concerned my buddy who got his a few days before he said his email stated to send the documents to the HR rep. The one I received said send to aviationcareers. However, I knew something would mess up and I sent two (obviously one didn't go). How much of deep doo doo, do you think I'm in?

Did you get a response from your HR rep that they received your documents? I think you'll be fine. Others I know who have their CIL already sent them only to HR rep so it shouldn't be a problem.

Did you get a response from your HR rep that they received your documents? I think you'll be fine. Others I know who have their CIL already sent them only to HR rep so it shouldn't be a problem.
No reply Bro... None at all... Overtime I call I get a voicemail or a "will call you back" response!

Back
Top Bottom