Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-17-ATCEXP-52850

Also
Damn dude, the official numbers being reported to the Air Force for Homestead are way less than 1,000+ ops a day. The actual reported numbers are more in line with a slow level 5 up/down, which would explain the list since that's what the FAA would go off of. 1,000+ ops a day would get you all bumped up to GS-12's and would probably get those jumping ship to the FAA lists with at least mid-level facilities on it. Might be something worth looking into.
the “official numbers” are in the 600’s but weekends are dead there...at any rate it’s all irrelevant now, here’s to hoping those assisgnments are issued ASAP

Last edited:
Oh, no worries, I'm not trying to call you out. Figured maybe something was up with Homestead's traffic count, but makes sense now that you were talking about IWA.

Anybody on here ever work at or know about LVK - Livermore, SMF - Sacramento, or AFW - Alliance Fort Worth airports? Those are my top three and I know CA is expensive lol

Anybody on here ever work at or know about LVK - Livermore, SMF - Sacramento, or AFW - Alliance Fort Worth airports? Those are my top three and I know CA is expensive lol
AFW has a large runway. FedEx is a big part of there flights in and out. They also get some F18’s and C130’s from NFW that bounce back and fourth. If that helps at all. I’m sure there’s more to be said but that’s what I know from my experience living there for a few years.

Good luck! We will be happy to have GPT or MOB. Hopefully we get one or the other. Fingers crossed!

The last batch I know a lot of people who got their #1. Hopefully you will be in the same boat. Good luck to ya.

Anybody know what’s going on at AFW? I had several people tell me not to go there. They were all super sketchy on the details

Whoa Casper?! That’s quite the difference from Vegas and LVK yeah? Haha

Haha i'm hoping for Vegas or Prescott but Casper sounded like a nice little place to live for a while if I don't get either of those. I'm currently in CA not incredibly far from LVK but i'd like to see other places, enjoy a lower cost of living etc. without going all the way to the other coast

Last edited by a moderator:
For those applying and curious to see and compare traffic count numbers from your base to FAA facilities I have the USAF 2017 FY Traffic Count Report. It’ll help you make guesstimations on what you’ll be offered so you’ll have reasonable expectations when the time comes and you get a list. I’m not sure if I can post it publicly so just PM me your us.af.mil email and I’ll send it to you. Again, this is only for USAF facilities and it will just help with the guessing.

@Bo I remember at some point following the survey reading something to the effect of them saying it would be done within 10 business days. Can’t remember where, but I definitely read something that said it.

Traffic count is not an accurate metric to try and cross reference.

I can tell you what you’re going to be offered. If you’re tower only: 7 and below towers and up/downs.
If you have an approach cert that’s not from somewhere like Honduras, you can get up to lvl9 up/downs, and some of the stand alone tracons.

@Bo I remember at some point following the survey reading something to the effect of them saying it would be done within 10 business days. Can’t remember where, but I definitely read something that said it.
It’s in the email sent with facilities/survey

Back
Top Bottom