Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Any help appreciated. Not at all what I was expecting trying to stay on the west coast. Looking into IND, JAX, LIT, and ORF if anyone knows some good info please share

Attachments

• 3093EC11-45AB-414B-9924-F5C7D0D39880.png
    3093EC11-45AB-414B-9924-F5C7D0D39880.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 142
  • EB4B15BA-45DE-47FB-94BC-DB075958260D.png
    EB4B15BA-45DE-47FB-94BC-DB075958260D.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 142
IND going to get upgraded to a 9 at some point in the near future. Flight school just opened up at the airport and FedEx is expanding. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I toured BTV as an applicant a couple years ago, seemed like a nice facility. It's an up/down, a couple mainline flights a day (generally early morning and late night) but mostly regional jets and a healthy GA/student population. There's an Air National Guard wing across the airport from the commercial terminal that flies F-16s, will be getting the F-35s in a little bit. They said there was talk of expanding the TRACON airspace to incorporate MPV, but at the moment the only satellite airport to speak of is PBG across the lake.

The town is very nice, IMHO. Burlington definitely has a college-town vibe but there are other (cheaper) places to live—Essex, Williston, farther out in Jericho/Underhill, you name it. It definitely gets cold in the winter (low teens tonight!) and skiing/outdoor activities are big here. Beautiful foliage in the fall. Not a huge amount of nightlife but there are national shows and acts that come through. What else?

I toured BTV as an applicant a couple years ago, seemed like a nice facility. It's an up/down, a couple mainline flights a day (generally early morning and late night) but mostly regional jets and a healthy GA/student population. There's an Air National Guard wing across the airport from the commercial terminal that flies F-16s, will be getting the F-35s in a little bit. They said there was talk of expanding the TRACON airspace to incorporate MPV, but at the moment the only satellite airport to speak of is PBG across the lake.

The town is very nice, IMHO. Burlington definitely has a college-town vibe but there are other (cheaper) places to live—Essex, Williston, farther out in Jericho/Underhill, you name it. It definitely gets cold in the winter (low teens tonight!) and skiing/outdoor activities are big here. Beautiful foliage in the fall. Not a huge amount of nightlife but there are national shows and acts that come through. What else?

I think you've covered most of my questions, thanks.

Congrats guys, remember to think of your upward moves. For example, ACT works as a decent feeder into the DFW metroplex, plus the cost of living is lower. But, it is Texas so it gets hot in the summer. Tracon's have longer training lines than Towers so there is that to consider as well. Ya'll enjoy your journey and Good Luck!

How many levels can you move up with a transfer if your facility you chose allowed the transfer of course? For example if working a 5 could you later transfer for a 9 etc. Only asking because I’m debating taking a 5, since I get save pay due to GS job.

How many levels can you move up with a transfer if your facility you chose allowed the transfer of course? For example if working a 5 could you later transfer for a 9 etc. Only asking because I’m debating taking a 5, since I get save pay due to GS job.
There is no limit

Back
Top Bottom