Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Does a lot of detail really go into facility assignment?

Scenario 1- CTO at facility (gets some 8’s and 9’s)
Scenario 2- CTO, Approach, and Arrival at same facility plus 3 other CTO’s and an additional arrival qualification yet highest facikity is a 7.

I’m scenario 2, just don’t understand the logic lol

The FAA has a method of ranking military facilities. The higher the ranking the higher the FAA facility level. It's quality, not quantity.

Why I was confused on placement. I’m scenario 2 and scenario 1 is the same exact facility that I have ALL qualifications at. The military facility is equivalent to a Lv8.

I must have just jacked up the experience questionnaire lol.

That’s just what I was told the 5 years I worked there. Also, I personally know 3 people with just CTO’s from there who got 8’s and 9’s on their lists from the previous bid. So to answer your question, no I’m not 100% sure.

I’m just going to assume if an ATO grants them 8’s and 9’s it’s considered equivalent somehow.

Only reason I was confused is because the scenario 2 mentioned above. I now know timing plays a factor too and of course the needs of FAA

That’s just what I was told the 5 years I worked there. Also, I personally know 3 people with just CTO’s from there who got 8’s and 9’s on their lists from the previous bid. So to answer your question, no I’m not 100% sure.

I’m just going to assume if an ATO grants them 8’s and 9’s it’s considered equivalent somehow.

Only reason I was confused is because the scenario 2 mentioned above. I now know timing plays a factor too and of course the needs of FAA
No one who said that has any idea what they're talking about.

There is a rhyme and reason, but it doesn’t always make sense. Friend of mine and I had the same experience (cto from same fac). His list consisted of about 7 level 5-6 up/downs. Year and a half later I got a list of about 24 level 4-6 tower only. Another guy I know had the same experience as his friend. His friends list consisted of level 9+ and 2 weeks-1 month later his list consisted of low level towers. Just gotta take it for what it is.

Makes me feel better then. I thought I had jacked up the experience questionnaire or something. It’s better to be in the door than not. Thanks for the explanation everyone.

If two people have the same number one pick, and there’s only one available position, how do they determine who gets it?

If two people have the same number one pick, and there’s only one available position, how do they determine who gets it?
It's based on past experience and qualifications.

Anyone know how long after you submit your list in order or preference and the due date do you receive your fol?

Should find out next week where you’re headed. FOL will come after you choose a report date

I think I made a mistake putting CPR (Casper) as #6 on my list. What are the chances of getting something as far down as 6 on my list. And if I get it, is there any way to have it changed? Thanks
Chances are high. And no negotiations. Good luck.

I think I made a mistake putting CPR (Casper) as #6 on my list. What are the chances of getting something as far down as 6 on my list. And if I get it, is there any way to have it changed? Thanks

Not the end of the world if you do get it...as long as you like backpacking and the outdoors. Amazing golden trout off-trail up in the Cloud Peak Wilderness, or a couple hours over in the Winds.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom