Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

I have heard good things about AMA as a facility!! I talked to the ATM, call the tower.

I am not sure on my choices yet?!?? I am going to put it in today, I think we have till tommorow.

From what I heard there was huge management vs controller problems, and lots of people got stuck there. But that was about a year ago I heard that

Any advice or help? Prior experience, navy AC for 5 years, fully qualified with a CTO, Radar arrival and final.

Attachments

• 267C7C39-CFEE-43CA-8264-C5E62CDB2560.png
    267C7C39-CFEE-43CA-8264-C5E62CDB2560.png
    533.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 6C13A7BC-5FE5-471B-9EE5-F8ABDCCFDFC4.png
    6C13A7BC-5FE5-471B-9EE5-F8ABDCCFDFC4.png
    547.6 KB · Views: 257
Best advice would be pick somewhere you wouldn’t mind living for an extended period of time. Good thing is your list spans from coast to coast so that shouldn’t be too difficult.

If you just want to transfer asap I would go with something like BFI. Otherwise just go where you want to live. KPRC is probably the most difficult facility on that list if you're a masochist

If you want to checkout and move on... BFI for sure... If you want the best combination of experience, pay, cost of living etc... I'd go for one of the 7 up-downs...

N90, you know you want to!

In all seriousness, with the amount of variables, it all depends. Any up/down will prolly take longer to check out at because you have to go back to okc for rtf. The best staffed tower only, is probably the quickest check out if you have loftier goals in mind. Omaha I think is even cat 2 in the last list, but those things change rapidly.

Then there is your ability. Plenty of people have gone chasing the money early when that 5 up/down was probably the best choice if they were honest with themselves.

Lastly, is where you are from, and where you want to be for a period if you have to wait your turn to move on. Also there is always cost of living, and location that affords you and possibly your family the best quality of life.

However, if this was the first list I was handed back when I was hired, and didn’t know anything about transferring, NCEPT, pay, work, etc.... I would have taken the facility closest to the location I grew up to be closer to family and familiarity, and worried about the rest later.

For what it's worth, OAK seems primed to be upgraded to an 8 according to their traffic count index

From what I heard there was huge management vs controller problems, and lots of people got stuck there. But that was about a year ago I heard that

If you choose Amarillo you better plan on being here a long time. A majority of controllers are looking to get out as soon as our staffing will allow. Relationship with management is good. You can plan on training for around 2 years. Our traffic is sporadic due to the military and you will not get training everyday due to competition from other trainees. Once you check out on ground you will be used for staffing all the time.

Assignments were made today for those who got a list last week. Should get it within a day or two.

Assignments were made today for those who got a list last week. Should get it within a day or two.
Would you happen to know if there are more then 1 openings per facility? Could 2 people from this assignment listing go to the same facility?

I am happy with mine!!! I got EUG, heard good things about Oregon!!

A friend of mine is there. He used to lurk here, but PM me and I can put you in touch. He was tower only in the AF and said he didn't have much trouble in either facility. It gets busy during Oregon games. Nice place to live if you like the outdoors.

I am happy with mine!!! I got EUG, heard good things about Oregon!!
I currently live in Oregon. It’s nice here. We don’t pay sales tax here. I also know a guy who retired from that facility and he had nothing but good things to say about the facility.

Back
Top Bottom