Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

FOL will come after you select your start date. I remember choosing the last date and got it like 45ish days in advance.

I chose my start date of 6 Jan. It will be interesting to see how the possible shutdown will effect this as well. It's makes renting a place difficult to say the least.

Got list facility assignment nov 21, accepted and picked start date on Thanksgiving, had FOL on Tuesday the 27th. Picked the latest start date, Feb 3rd.
Wow that was quick. I made my pick Sunday the 25 November which was the deadline. I picked the first start date 6, Jan still haven't received my fol. I'm DOD so maybe it taking longer getting ahold of my HR and transferring everything over.

Last edited:
Wow that was quick. I made my pick Sunday the 25 November which was the deadline. I picked the first start date 6, Jan still haven't received my fol. I'm DOD so maybe it taking longer getting ahold of my HR and transferring everything over.
I picked 20 Jan as my start date. Still haven’t received an FOL, but I did get a welcome email from the ATM. The sequence of events has been kind of confusing lol.

Who here is still waiting for medical clearance and has NOT been notified of or scheduled for tier II? Seems to be quite a backlog of applications just "waiting to be reviewed" by the flight surgeon since about mid-August.

Who here is still waiting for medical clearance and has NOT been notified of or scheduled for tier II? Seems to be quite a backlog of applications just "waiting to be reviewed" by the flight surgeon since about mid-August.
Without knowing anything else, my #1 assumption with medical delays is getting records from the VA. If you haven't, check with your POC to make sure they actually have everything they need. If they do, then it's just waiting.

Back
Top Bottom