Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

Any ideas as to how the flight surgeons are prioritizing cases for review? Is it chronological based on who completed their appointments first within that flight surgeon’s region? (Seems plausible)
I would think it's a first come first serve process. I think it also depends if you have any medical history that they have to review that could lengthen the process.

According to this post on Reddit the FAA did 14,668 ATC physicals last year. Not to mention all the airmen physicals. When your HR point of contacts tell you that perspective employee physicals take the lowest priority you are behind a majority of those other physicals...

FAA statistics

According to this post on Reddit the FAA did 14,668 ATC physicals last year. Not to mention all the airmen physicals. When your HR point of contacts tell you that perspective employee physicals take the lowest priority you are behind a majority of those other physicals...

FAA statistics
This makes sense, also other flight physicals typically are during that person's birth month which most people are born August-September (statistically speaking). I'd imagine the process is slower during these times and if you have an extensive medical history, but heck who knows.

Just reached out to my HR POC, she told me everything is cleared except my MMPI, I took it MAR 27, anyone else having the same issues?

How do you know though?

MJ You're a wizard, any truth to this?
I called, I asked, they verified.

Edit: I guess that I should elaborate. I called Aviation Careers and asked them about it. I was also told that list will be coming “every few weeks” afterwards as well. This seems to align with previous bids as well (lists sent out on Thursday).

Also, I’m not claiming to be gospel as this is literally just gossip, but I figured that I would pass on what information that I’ve heard and who it came from.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot more ppl failed MMPI this time around.
I didn’t fail it, HR said the proctor hasn’t sent it over to a flight doc for stamp of approval. I just see that it’s kind of a trend this time around, I got hired like two years ago and my medical took a whole year to clear by the time it was done I had taken a gov contract position.

I called, I asked, they verified.

Edit: I guess that I should elaborate. I called Aviation Careers and asked them about it. I was also told that list will be coming “every few weeks” afterwards as well. This seems to align with previous bids as well (lists sent out on Thursday).

Also, I’m not claiming to be gospel as this is literally just gossip, but I figured that I would pass on what information that I’ve heard and who it came from.

I appreciate the information Matt, thanks! I know this is a long game to play, but we have been waiting for 2 weeks since I was told everything was checked out and awaiting list from ATO. It's like someone changed the date of Christmas and you wake up wondering if it's going to be today. ;p

I didn’t fail it, HR said the proctor hasn’t sent it over to a flight doc for stamp of approval. I just see that it’s kind of a trend this time around, I got hired like two years ago and my medical took a whole year to clear by the time it was done I had taken a gov contract position.
Same things happening with me right now, medical says the proctor hasn’t sent my test up to the chain yet and I took it the 28th of March.

The proctor returned my message and said she had to check her system for my test... hopefully they didn’t lose it somehow.

I appreciate the information Matt, thanks! I know this is a long game to play, but we have been waiting for 2 weeks since I was told everything was checked out and awaiting list from ATO. It's like someone changed the date of Christmas and you wake up wondering if it's going to be today. ;p
Be patient. I was cleared for a couple of months last year before I got a list. I spent so much time refreshing my email when people would post they had a list that I had stopped looking for it when mine showed up. I’m from the Mar 2018 bid

Be patient. I was cleared for a couple of months last year before I got a list. I spent so much time refreshing my email when people would post they had a list that I had stopped looking for it when mine showed up. I’m from the Mar 2018 bid

I'm a super patient guy. My wife however, is not.

Just called AC as well and was told tomorrow for a list. Fingers crossed.

Man, that’d be awesome for you guys! I’d be so relieved to know I passed MMPI/Medical that I’d wait months for an actual list. Lol I’ll settle for at least knowing I should/shouldn’t be trying to find other employment or get a place rather than stay in the basement my wife & kids have been stuck in for months.
Best of luck to those who are cleared in having lists soon!

Look at the lists as they come out and research those areas. Whatever isn’t filled from that particular round of lists will definitely be in the next group

BRUH, my MMPI proctor misspelled my last name and that’s why the Medical POC couldn’t check my results.... atleast it was fixed and I can hopefully make it to the 2nd round of lists because I doubt I’ll get one tomorrow if they drop.

Folks, be on your POCs ass if your shit is lagging especially if it was one of the first things you did in the CIL. The people handling these things are human too so they fuck up from time to time.

• Anchorage, AK Few vacancies
  • Huntsville, AL Few vacancies
  • Montgomery, AL Few vacancies
  • Grand Canyon, AZ Few vacancies
  • Bakersfield, CA Few vacancies
  • Aspen, CO Few vacancies
  • Barrigada, GU Few vacancies
  • Peoria, IL Few vacancies
  • South Bend, IN Few vacancies
  • Terre Haute, IN Few vacancies
  • Monroe, LA Few vacancies
  • Nantucket, MA Few vacancies
  • Portland, ME Few vacancies
  • Duluth, MN Few vacancies
  • Fayetteville, NC Few vacancies
  • Roswell, NM Few vacancies
  • Albany, NY Few vacancies
  • Amarillo, TX Few vacancies
  • El Paso, TX Few vacancies
  • Lubbock, TX Few vacancies
  • Midland, TX Few vacancies
  • Waco, TX Few vacancies
  • Moses Lake, WA Few vacancies
QUICK. If this is YOUR list, what do you pick and why? ^.^

Peoria (PIA) is our approach control for the facility I work at. Not that I would choose them, but they get pretty decent traffic, and some decent lull periods as well. Not a bad area either, Peoria as a city is growing quite a bit.

Man, that’d be awesome for you guys! I’d be so relieved to know I passed MMPI/Medical that I’d wait months for an actual list. Lol I’ll settle for at least knowing I should/shouldn’t be trying to find other employment or get a place rather than stay in the basement my wife & kids have been stuck in for months.
Best of luck to those who are cleared in having lists soon!
Literally exactly how I’m feeling.

Back
Top Bottom