Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

Anybody take MMPI around April 9th timeframe hear results yet? Hoping something comes this week, been a bit nervous if I end up with the dreaded Tier 2 not sure what I’ll do.

I did my MMPI-2 March 19th and the Physical April 1st. I sent an email to the 9-AGL-AVS one last Monday inquiring about the results and this is what I got from them this morning.

Your information is pending Flight Surgeon’s review. The Flight Surgeon works diligently to process clearances as soon as he has the available time to do so. There are several Flight Surgeons across the United States working on applicants. However, this is an added task. These Flight Surgeons have their own on boards and Airmen that they take care of as well. Unfortunately, a timeframe can't be given. Your patience is appreciated.
Stacy M Smith
FAA VHT Medical Program Analyst

My HR rep said yesterday that they’re still waiting for my medical clearance which includes the MMPI-2. Hope this helps somewhat.

I did my MMPI-2 March 19th and the Physical April 1st. I sent an email to the 9-AGL-AVS one last Monday inquiring about the results and this is what I got from them this morning.

Your information is pending Flight Surgeon’s review. The Flight Surgeon works diligently to process clearances as soon as he has the available time to do so. There are several Flight Surgeons across the United States working on applicants. However, this is an added task. These Flight Surgeons have their own on boards and Airmen that they take care of as well. Unfortunately, a timeframe can't be given. Your patience is appreciated.
Stacy M Smith
FAA VHT Medical Program Analyst

My HR rep said yesterday that they’re still waiting for my medical clearance which includes the MMPI-2. Hope this helps somewhat.

Finger's crossed you get the approval soon!

I’m still kinda curious if the list you receive is experience based regardless of when you complete all required documentation or if it’s timeframe based. I saw on previous bids, there were options to annotate whether the airport(s) you worked at had paralleled or intersecting runways etc, however, I don’t recall being asked that information on my experience portion.

As far as the lists go, for example:

Group A has completed all required documentation first and receive AAA, BBB, and CCC facilities on their list. All similar experience.

Group B with a different level of experience receive XXX, YYY, and ZZZ facilities.

Let’s say I finish my documentation with group B but I have experience matching group A. Would I receive a list containing AAA, BBB, and CCC facilities?

I’m still kinda curious if the list you receive is experience based regardless of when you complete all required documentation or if it’s timeframe based. I saw on previous bids, there were options to annotate whether the airport(s) you worked at had paralleled or intersecting runways etc, however, I don’t recall being asked that information on my experience portion.

Group A has completed all required documentation first and receive AAA, BBB, and CCC facilities on their list. All similar experience.

Group B with a different level of experience receive XXX, YYY, and ZZZ facilities.

Let’s say I finish my documentation with group B but I have experience matching group A. Would I receive a list containing AAA, BBB, and CCC facilities?
I wouldn’t think so hard about it. I know people that only had radar in the military and are at towers with the FAA and people with only CTOs working at TRACON.

Last edited:

People I worked with that only had radar experience were all offered mostly up down facilities, tracons, and 2 enroute facilities. They were only level 5-9s nothing higher than that. They didn't receive any tower only facilities since they didn't have a cto I'm guessing.

Based on my own personal experience and from what I’ve seen from previous bids, you’ll get a list based on your experience. Anyone with similar experience will have basically the same list as you. Timing is the biggest factor that determines the number of choices you get

Last edited:
Based on my own personal experience and from what I’ve seen from previous bids, you’ll get a list based on your experience. Anyone with similar experience will have basically the same list as you. Timing is the biggest factor that determines the number of choices you get
Do they put out more than one list a month ?

I guess everyone has heard different info. From what I was told that may have been true for previous bids but moving forward all of our info goes to the ATO who sends a list based on needs of the FAA. Your experience has nothing to do with it (I have 5 CTOs and someone with 1 would get the same list as me). So it's pretty much a luck if the draw and timing on what level facilities we will be offered.

I guess everyone has heard different info. From what I was told that may have been true for previous bids but moving forward all of our info goes to the ATO who sends a list based on needs of the FAA. Your experience has nothing to do with it (I have 5 CTOs and someone with 1 would get the same list as me). So it's pretty much a luck if the draw and timing on what level facilities we will be offered.
I could understand this, but I can't see someone with no CTO with all radar experience going to a tower only facility or vice versa. This would mean more money and training , but who knows needs of the FAA lol..

Medical e-nailed me said my physical was good to go but my MMPI hasn’t been sent to them. Which is weird because I did it the 28th of March.. called and left a message to the MMPI POC hopefully they get this done ASAP.

Medical e-nailed me said my physical was good to go but my MMPI hasn’t been sent to them. Which is weird because I did it the 28th of March.. called and left a message to the MMPI POC hopefully they get this done ASAP.

Did medical reach out and email you or did you email them and ask them for an update?

I did my MMPI Apr. 1 and medical and drug test on Apr. 8th in SoCal like you. Aviation Careers said that I'm just waiting on my medical clearance and that no news is good news on the MMPI.

Yeah they emailed me saying they had my physical done, but nothing on the MMPI yet. So I tried calling BUR about it and left a message. If I don’t hear back I’ll try again Friday.

E: and they just emailed me randomly.

Did medical reach out and email you or did you email them and ask them for an update?

I did my MMPI Apr. 1 and medical and drug test on Apr. 8th in SoCal like you. Aviation Careers said that I'm just waiting on my medical clearance and that no news is good news on the MMPI.
I emailed them last night and received an email this morning that my medical was cleared and Aviation Careers was notified and to wait for them for further steps. Nothing mentioned about my MMPI but I believe that is a part of the whole medical process. I agree on the no news is good news lol. (MMPI March 25, Physical April 5, Urinalysis April 8 ).

I emailed them last night and received an email this morning that my medical was cleared and Aviation Careers was notified and to wait for them for further steps. Nothing mentioned about my MMPI but I believe that is a part of the whole medical process. I agree on the no news is good news lol. (MMPI March 25, Physical April 5, Urinalysis April 8 ).
If AC was notified then the entire medical process, including MMPI, was cleared.

Any ideas as to how the flight surgeons are prioritizing cases for review? Is it chronological based on who completed their appointments first within that flight surgeon’s region? (Seems plausible)

Back
Top Bottom