Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

I’m in Northwest Mtn Region with SS as a Medical POC receiving the same vague/empty messages in regards to medical/MMPI.
Whatever the explanation is I’m glad it isn’t just my case (tells me my paperwork didn’t fall into s black hole). No point in complaining now since the Flight Surgeon won’t get to it until they do but it sure would be nice to get some kind of input on how we should expect to plan for our immediate future. (Extended medical review, tier 2, DQ/find a new profession)? Lol
Let’s go flight doc! Get ‘er done!

Damn, that list sucks. At least as far as what I'd be looking for.

Do they ask what region you'd prefer to be in?

Well, that's garbage.

The place I want to go is somewhere they're actually looking for more controllers at. Showed up on my friend's list on the last prior bid. It'd make sense to ask as opposed to giving people a random assortment that they might turn down.

Well, that's garbage.

The place I want to go is somewhere they're actually looking for more controllers at. Showed up on my friend's list on the last prior bid. It'd make sense to ask as opposed to giving people a random assortment that they might turn down.
I heard they use to do something like that but switched to this method with more choices I guess idk lol

For the guys that got their FOLs last week, what did you guys get? Reading back I've only seen SBN and ADW.

Well, that's garbage.

I think that you should be very open as to where you want to go. If I were you I'd be happy just getting the region that you preferred.

I think that you should be very open as to where you want to go. If I were you I'd be happy just getting the region that you preferred.

Agreed and let's be realistic. We may be prior experience in the career but in the FAA eyes we're them fresh from tech school 3 lvls. I'm grateful to have a list and first facility. I doubt for most of us this will be our forever facility and we will most likely all transfer some day.

Well, that's garbage.

Be happy to have your foot in the door, gain some ratings and experience, then go for that region you want. I've PCSd 5 times with the military and it was all about attitude until the next one, I'm sure you will get to where you want some day.

Agreed and let's be realistic. We may be prior experience in the career but in the FAA eyes we're them fresh from tech school 3 lvls. I'm grateful to have a list and first facility. I doubt for most of us this will be our forever facility and we will most likely all transfer some day.

Be happy to have your foot in the door, gain some ratings and experience, then go for that region you want. I've PCSd 5 times with the military and it was all about attitude until the next one, I'm sure you will get to where you want some day.

Geez, 5 times! I have been Stuck at the same place my whole enlistment minus an actual atc deployment

Geez, 5 times! I have been Stuck at the same place my whole enlistment minus an actual atc deployment
I was stationed in the middle of no where in Washington state. Just forests and cold weather. Small ass town. Too much military Had to drive 2 hours to Seattle to experience a major city.. 3 years was too long up there. I’d have went insane if i had to stay any longer. But then again it looked like I would have to go to a ship if I re-enlisted and FUCK THAT

Last edited:
I was stationed in the middle of no where in Washington state. Just forests and cold weather. Small ass town. Too much military Had to drive 2 hours to Seattle to experience a major city.. 3 years was too long up there. I’d have went insane if i had to stay any longer. But then again it looked like I would have to go to a ship if I re-enlisted and FUCK THAT

Where at in WA?

I’m in Northwest Mtn Region with SS as a Medical POC receiving the same vague/empty messages in regards to medical/MMPI.
Whatever the explanation is I’m glad it isn’t just my case (tells me my paperwork didn’t fall into s black hole). No point in complaining now since the Flight Surgeon won’t get to it until they do but it sure would be nice to get some kind of input on how we should expect to plan for our immediate future. (Extended medical review, tier 2, DQ/find a new profession)? Lol
Let’s go flight doc! Get ‘er done!

I am in the same region and had to deal with the shutdown in the middle of my clearance. Non tier-2, no extended medical review, no military records request. It was always the same answer basically that it was waiting for flight surgeon review. When it happens, it happens and the rest goes pretty quickly (at least for me). Took 6 months for my medical clearance, and then when the government reopened, it was only a couple weeks before I got a list. A week later I had my assignment and could have started as early as 3-4 weeks from my assignment date. How to plan for your immediate future? Don't make any commitments or drastic life changes. If you want to start with the FAA ASAP after you do get your list, get your financials in order and start packing things that you won't miss while you wait.

I do and had to get my doctor to fill out a questionnaire along with a pulmonary function test report.
I also have asthma and I had the same questionnaire and had to get the PFT. I submitted everything 2 weeks ago and I got a medical clearance letter yesterday that’s basically a waiver. It says I’m good to go, but have to have a yearly PFT submitted to the flight surgeon every year.

Back
Top Bottom