Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

Any DOD people on here get their list? Basically every place for me would be a pay cut even with the save pay. Thinking about asking for somewhere better and declining if they say no. Super disappointed!

DOD here and I declined two so far. Places weren’t even worth the move for me. Just apply for the next one Since you’re clearances will remain valid.

Unless you're a SrA I feel like the majority of us on this prior experience bid will be taking a pay cut. For myself being a 11 year Tech I'll take a significant pay cut initially until CPC but fortunately we have the GI Bill to some what supplement the difference. I got assigned to a level 5 so it hit me much harder than some of these guys getting 6s and 7s but looking at the long term itll be much more beneficial than staying in.
I don’t think he meant active duty. He means DoD civilian controller. I don’t know if any case where leaving the DoD won’t be a pay cut (there are a few that won’t) but it’s rare

* CIP = Controller Incentive Pay; AD = Affordability Differential; COLA = Cost of Living Adjustment

Okay. I’ll use OGG (Maui) as an example since I was looking at that.

Locality is 18.98% and AD is 10.64% so essentially you are making 29.62% “locality pay”? And if that’s the case, does the AD count towards high-3?

Just trying to make sure I’m understanding everything correctly.

Yup you're right. I have a July 7 start date and got my FOL with the link to the 500 documents to sign on the 28th

Locality is 18.98% and AD is 10.64% so essentially you are making 29.62% “locality pay”? And if that’s the case, does the AD count towards high-3?

Don’t think anyone is going to reply to you with an answer. I only knew what AD was because I copied and pasted that from the bottom of my list. Not sure how it all works

Aviation careers or HR would for sure be able to answer how they add the AD factor in so might be worth a call. As for high-3 though, my buddy at Birmingham was telling me it is now high-5 apparently.

Back
Top Bottom