Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

Just got an email from my poc saying “We need a current status report from your doctor describing your back pain, Range of motion, limitations. And Treatment.”

Anyone done this yet?

Literally just got done with that on Thursday. My POC gave me the run around at first.. said they needed a CSR so I went to the doctor, doctor said excellent prognosis, POC said that wasn’t sufficient enough and said I needed a Functional Capacity Exam, went back to my doctor and told them, doctor checked everything and said excellent ROM and wrote a letter saying I am medically fit to perform all duties expected of me. POC said that wasn’t sufficient enough and that’s not what a FCE is (unbeknownst to me) and finally for the third time told me I needed to see a physical therapist to conduct the FCE. Completed that on Thursday and the email/fax was sent to my POC today. This process has gone on over the course of the last 1-2 months and in the end has cost me $900 so I would double check with your POC for EXACTLY what they need instead of getting the runaround like I got.

Think there will be a list drop this week?

I don't believe there will be a list this week. I spoked with my HR rep earlier today after Medical emailed me about my clearance and he told me that there isn't a schedule to follow for these things and that the lady who assists with the lists between HR and the ATO is out this week.

I was told to expect about a month.

I don't believe there will be a list this week. I spoked with my HR rep earlier today after Medical emailed me about my clearance and he told me that there isn't a schedule to follow for these things and that the lady who assists with the lists between HR and the ATO is out this week.

I was told to expect about a month.
Damn, we will probably be getting our lists with the first batch of people from the May prior exp bid...

The people that just recently cleared medical, what day did you finish your medical physical? I've been waiting almost 4 months now for the flight surgeon to review my records. Feels like forever lol.

The people that just recently cleared medical, what day did you finish your medical physical? I've been waiting almost 4 months now for the flight surgeon to review my records. Feels like forever lol.
i'm from the 2018 OTS bid, you can look at my signature for my timeline. It's really all over the place. Some guys get cleared in less than a month, others (like myself) get cleared in 6 months.

I did my MMPI at SBA on April 1st and my pee pee test in LA on April 8th and my physical on the 8th as well in Santa Barbara.

Dude, I called the medical number every Sunday night and SS usually emailed me back that morning or the next morning. She had someone come in a couple weeks ago to cover for her and I think that’s the lady that got the ball rolling on me.

This was my timeline for appointments:

Prior Experience Bid: 12/3/19; TOL: 3/8/19; CIL: 3/25/19; MMPI: 3/28/19; e-QIP: 3/26/19; Medical/Drug: 4/8/19 Confirmed Awaiting Placement: 7/10/19

I had a few hiccups though like my MMPI proctor misspelling my last name in the system which made it hard for the medical POC to pull it in the system. They also had me send in all my VA disability paperwork a week or two after my physical.

I did what MM did and called once a week every Wednesday until I got confirmation that I was cleared and waiting for a list on 7/10/19. It was a frustrating wait.

Did anyone else call HR to ask if a list would drop this week? They didn’t give me a definitive answer.

?? Hoping Listmas ? comes tomorrow..

Did anyone else call HR to ask if a list would drop this week? They didn’t give me a definitive answer.

?? Hoping Listmas ? comes tomorrow..
C’mon, man! My bell lit up! I was like... Nobody better have gotten a list today. Hahah

I hope it comes tomorrow...

Same ole song and dance. Emailed my POC numerous times with no response. Wonder how much truth there is to the no lists til the new FY thing there is..

Same ole song and dance. Emailed my POC numerous times with no response. Wonder how much truth there is to the no lists til the new FY thing there is..
I wonder what the reasoning could be if it is true. It’s not like they’re exceeding their hiring quotas and going over budget. I wouldn’t mind getting a start date for a facility on the first day of the FY as long as I get a list and placed already. The FY starts October right?

Back
Top Bottom