Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

Medical update, I got an email today from a Medical POC that I needed to provide more information on a medical condition diagnosed by the VA/Army. Funny thing is that I got another email back in April in which the same person told me I didn’t need to send anything in because they already had my medical records released by the Army and VA. At this point it looks like another six months just to get a stamp from the Doctor

Received an email from my medical POC saying the FS reviewed my requested status report (where the doctor annotated “excellent prognosis”) and is now requesting a full Functional Capacity Exam. This is for “degenerative arthritis with strain - lumbosacral” (back pain).. so.. I wake up with a stiff back. Not exactly sure how this pertains to ATC duties, especially considering having been doing ATC for the last nearly 7 years.

The games continue.

Received an email from my medical POC saying the FS reviewed my requested status report (where the doctor annotated “excellent prognosis”) and is now requesting a full Functional Capacity Exam. This is for “degenerative arthritis with strain - lumbosacral” (back pain).. so.. I wake up with a stiff back. Not exactly sure how this pertains to ATC duties, especially considering having been doing ATC for the last nearly 7 years.

The games continue.
Nice, an email with actual information. Not just the same thing week after week. There’s movement boys!

Spoke with southern region aerospace medicine today. My medical clearance is finally good to go. Supposedly it was signed off June 13th, and valid until April 30th of 2021. HR got back to me while typing this and confirmed receipt of my medical. Per HR, I’m pending facility assignment, and should receive an email from the ATO later this month or early August with a list to rank. She added that the ATO changes their timeframes of sending out lists, so get back to her if I haven’t received anything by early August.

Mar 29: MMPI2
Apr 8: Flight phyiscal
Apr 9: Drug Test
Jun 13: Medical signed off

Quick question. I have received FOL and start next month. Just found out I am rated at a 10% VA disability. Anything special I need to do as far as making them aware. I definitely don't want any hold ups or anything with my start date. I didnt' think it was a big deal if its under 30% but really not sure.

Anyone get any update on flight surgeon approval on medical? I still don’t have med clearance. July 7 3019. No updates for me.

Nope. I finally got in touch with someone over the phone. It literally boils down to the regional FS not looking at our paper work. My flight surgeon has taken time a considerable amount of time off from work since I wrapped everything up. Medical POCs are just as frustrated as we are.

The games continue.
Hey bud, I'm from the '18 OTS bid, and I have the same condition you do, only I haven't been asked to do anything yet (still waiting for medical clearance), can you keep me posted on what they ask you to do? It's very likely I'll follow suit

Last one I remember was the 6.9 one.

A few people have gotten lists and posted them on the USAF page. I’ll try posting them on here later if anyone wants but I almost had a stroke trying to read them on my phone. Lol
Oh, I ended up quitting my job out there and moved back to FL.

Did your medical POC email you? Or did you ask for an update? I called HR and they said i was still waiting on medical.

Oh, I ended up quitting my job out there and moved back to FL.

Did your medical POC email you? Or did you ask for an update? I called HR and they said i was still waiting on medical.
I called yesterday and got an e-mail this morning. I couldn’t believe it so I called aviation careers and they confirmed it.

Curious to see it if you can provide a link/file!
It’s a closed group and it won’t let me “view full size” on my phone and if I screenshot it it’ll be even harder to read. I’m at the laundry mat and have nothing else to do so I’ll just try to list them all for you guys right now.

ABI ALO AMA ASE AVP AZO BGR CMI CPR DLH FSD FSM GRB GTF HTS JAN MAF MIC MLI MLU MYF NEW OMA ONT PIA PWM RDG RFD ROW SBN SHV SPI STS SYR

Back
Top Bottom