Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-18-ALLN90-54212

I finished mmpi 2, medical and security last year and complete my in person secuity interview last month. Haven’t heard anything back since then. Emailed my HR rep for an update this week and haven’t got a response yet. Any of you in the same boat?

I finished mmpi 2, medical and security last year and complete my in person secuity interview last month. Haven’t heard anything back since then. Emailed my HR rep for an update this week and haven’t got a response yet. Any of you in the same boat?
Report is N90 Academy classes are full through the end of the fiscal year. Doesn't matter though there is literally a year plus backlog of training at the facility.

Does this mean if we didn't get a class date that we could wait up to a year?
And is it guaranteed we'll get a class date?
Thanks
It means that even when you get a class date, IF you pass the Academy, you'll be doing next to nothing at the facility (and earning no pay raises) for at least a year.

When you get to N90 expect at least a year of passing strips and at least 2 years (probably closer to 3) before D1

Any news on how it's been at N90 for the new OTS who recently arrived?

In most sectors they’re all just doing data or the first are just starting class. I know LGA had some in lab and 1-3 washed out on the 75% problem. It was a class of 4 and don’t know how many of them were ots but only 1 person passed.

Last edited:
In most sectors they’re all just doing data or the first are just starting class. I know LGA had some in lab and 1-3 washed out on the 75% problem. It was a class of 4 and don’t know how many of them were ots but only 1 person passed.
Yikes.....What's the 75% problem?

Yikes.....What's the 75% problem?

In the lab you have 3 graded evals. One with 50% traffic, one with 75% and one with 90%. You get 2 chances with each to pass.

Also, it was 2 OTS and 1 cpc-it who failed the LGA lab. Also apparently the 1 who passed the 75% failed the 90% so 0-4 passed the lab.

In the lab you have 3 graded evals. One with 50% traffic, one with 75% and one with 90%. You get 2 chances with each to pass.

Also, it was 2 OTS and 1 cpc-it who failed the LGA lab. Also apparently the 1 who passed the 75% failed the 90% so 0-4 passed the lab.

Gotcha. Are they going to NEST?

That I don’t know.

That's pretty ridiculous, though. I'm not sure how much time or experience they were given to prepare, but i'm going to guess not very much. I wonder how many more people would get through if they were given more time on task, instead of just throwing numbers into the fire and seeing who gets out. It's only four people, but it definitely doesn't bode well for any OTS making it through and N90 actually reaching their targets.

If you give everyone unlimited problems until they pass no one would ever progress through training. People will fail, especially at N90. Train to succeed has gone far enough in my opinion. If you can't handle the lab problems it's not going to get any easier in the floor with live traffic

That's pretty ridiculous, though. I'm not sure how much time or experience they were given to prepare, but i'm going to guess not very much. I wonder how many more people would get through if they were given more time on task, instead of just throwing numbers into the fire and seeing who gets out. It's only four people, but it definitely doesn't bode well for any OTS making it through and N90 actually reaching their targets.

They had 6-7 weeks of classroom and 6-7 weeks of labs.

It’s way to small a sample size to pre-judge how anyone else will do. Ironically one of these OTS’rs was the one who showed up with a license plate that said “controlla” or something like that

Isn't LGA above a level 7? How does an OTS end up there without first being certified at another lower level facility?

Isn't LGA above a level 7? How does an OTS end up there without first being certified at another lower level facility?
He’s talking about La Guardia Area not the tower. It’s one of the areas in their TRACON. LGA/Kennedy/Newark/Islip/Liberty areas are all in New York TRACON (N90).

Back
Top Bottom