Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Received my FOL today. Under 1 month from TOL to FOL. Was not expecting such a quick turn around
Congrats! I would love a to have as quick a turnaround to get me into OKC! Do you remember the dates around when you completed each step? I'll hoping to have everything completed by next week!

Congrats! I would love a to have as quick a turnaround to get me into OKC! Do you remember the dates around when you completed each step? I'll hoping to have everything completed by next week!
Congrats!
damn you guys are lucky, only thing I’ve received is the TOL confirmation!

I will be finished with everything next week too, I have my medical exam and drug test scheduled for Thursday and Friday, respectively, and on Monday or Tuesday I should be finished with the e-QIP, I'm just waiting on one foreign contact to give me the information I need for that and then I will have it finished.

I'm 31 now and I wonder if perhaps they speed things along for the "older" people first? Just a thought.

I will be finished with everything next week too, I have my medical exam and drug test scheduled for Thursday and Friday, respectively, and on Monday or Tuesday I should be finished with the e-QIP, I'm just waiting on one foreign contact to give me the information I need for that and then I will have it finished.

I'm 31 now and I wonder if perhaps they speed things along for the "older" people first? Just a thought.
No, they don't consider age when sending out or processing paperwork. It's just luck of the draw.

Congrats on the FOL and to everyone finishing up!

Wanted to ask, anyone have TH?

I got my TOL confirmation and happily waiting for the rest since I'm traveling a bit. But just wanted to see if anyone has her and where they're at in the process

They don’t

Congrats on the FOL and to everyone finishing up!

Wanted to ask, anyone have TH?

I got my TOL confirmation and happily waiting for the rest since I'm traveling a bit. But just wanted to see if anyone has her and where they're at in the process
I, too, have TH and haven't received anything since the TOL confirmation

We are funded through Dec 20...

That is true but as someone who used to work in FAA headquarters in DC, AHF-C400 contracts and academy classes can get stop orders during furloughs even if funded. Hopefully it's not a repeat of last year.

So, filling out the eQIP now. I'm on the part asking for my selective service number, but when I enter the number on my selective service registration acknowledgement card I get the following error ...

"The field "Registration number" contains characters that are not allowed. Characters allowed for this field are numbers."

My selective service number contains dashes in it, has anyone else encountered this? Is removing the dashes fine? I'm sure I'm overthinking it.

So, filling out the eQIP now. I'm on the part asking for my selective service number, but when I enter the number on my selective service registration acknowledgement card I get the following error ...

"The field "Registration number" contains characters that are not allowed. Characters allowed for this field are numbers."

My selective service number contains dashes in it, has anyone else encountered this? Is removing the dashes fine? I'm sure I'm overthinking it.
Try removing dashes if nothing else works. I was getting errors when trying to look up my SS #. I turned off my adblocker on Chrome. That fixed it - for anyone else who may run into that issue.

Re: Medical exam - If you get all but 1 letter right on the 20/20 vision test, are you gonna be good to pass? I know optometrists consider that "20/20 -1" meaning you're basically 20/20. Are they ultra-sticklers, or would they probably let that fly?
Along those lines, I got myself 1 contact for my eye that has a moderate astigmatism (within their limits), and not my other eye. With contacts, do you just test with them in if you've got them? And do I need any kind of documentation on what my contact prescription is?

Try removing dashes if nothing else works. I was getting errors when trying to look up my SS #. I turned off my adblocker on Chrome. That fixed it - for anyone else who may run into that issue.

Re: Medical exam - If you get all but 1 letter right on the 20/20 vision test, are you gonna be good to pass? I know optometrists consider that "20/20 -1" meaning you're basically 20/20. Are they ultra-sticklers, or would they probably let that fly?
Along those lines, I got myself 1 contact for my eye that has a moderate astigmatism (within their limits), and not my other eye. With contacts, do you just test with them in if you've got them? And do I need any kind of documentation on what my contact prescription is?
I can say that my AME says that for the lower ones, you can miss 2 and it counts. Not sure about contacts though.

Hey guys, quick question. I've been pretty stressed about the medical exam due to a diagnosis of ADD when I was younger. I saw online that the medical exam is about equivalent to the FAA class 2 exams, however, I wasn't sure if it was old information or not. I was trying to get my private pilot's license a couple years back and was able to pass the medical exam for that. So just wondering what my chances were and whether I should start looking for another career or not.

Hey guys, quick question. I've been pretty stressed about the medical exam due to a diagnosis of ADD when I was younger. I saw online that the medical exam is about equivalent to the FAA class 2 exams, however, I wasn't sure if it was old information or not. I was trying to get my private pilot's license a couple years back and was able to pass the medical exam for that. So just wondering what my chances were and whether I should start looking for another career or not.
I've been reading about it too and it seems like the consensus is that it's not easy, but not impossible. It depends on your case.

Back
Top Bottom