Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I have a question about housing and the allowance given for it. My boyfriend is in the pre-employment for this bid. We are in Texas. My mom lives in OKC with a spare bedroom. Would we be able to stay with her and use the allowance and give it to her? Anyone been in that situation before?

Staying with family or friends, you can get an increased M&IE per diem, but no lodging per diem.

You guys are all getting your start dates meanwhile I'll probably end up getting in with the new OTS applicants if everything works out for me.

You guys are all getting your start dates meanwhile I'll probably end up getting in with the new OTS applicants if everything works out for me.
Better late than never ? keep your spirits up. Wish you all the best with the process.

I just had the interview with an investigator and we had trouble with my sister's status. She was born outside the US but has lived most of her life here. She was a legal resident with a green card. My dad got naturalized when she was under 18. She got her passport, all they asked us was for my dad's Naturalization Certificate.

Now she said she needs a certificate of citizenship. My sister was told by the department of defense that holding a US Passport is proof of being a citizen but the investigator wouldn't take this. She said she needs this information before submitting her report but I'm stuck because I don't have what she needs. She said there needs to be a citizenship certificate.

I'm having my sister apply for one tomorrow and I'm guessing it'll take a couple of months for her to receive anything. Was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and what I could do.

Just Got FOL with class date of 04/24/2020 enroute. Congrats to all who made it and who are going to make it. See you there
See you there! I started a a post in the academy classes forum, not sure where im staying yet, looking into Kims

I just had the interview with an investigator and we had trouble with my sister's status. She was born outside the US but has lived most of her life here. She was a legal resident with a green card. My dad got naturalized when she was under 18. She got her passport, all they asked us was for my dad's Naturalization Certificate.

Now she said she needs a certificate of citizenship. My sister was told by the department of defense that holding a US Passport is proof of being a citizen but the investigator wouldn't take this. She said she needs this information before submitting her report but I'm stuck because I don't have what she needs. She said there needs to be a citizenship certificate.

I'm having my sister apply for one tomorrow and I'm guessing it'll take a couple of months for her to receive anything. Was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and what I could do.
ask for her supervisors contact info and get in touch with them. also call OPM and find out what you need. the investigator sounds like she's stepping out of her lane, but probably doesn't know any better.

Not being intrusive, but don't you need a proof of citizenship when getting a passport. ie Certificate of naturalization or birth certificate

Not being intrusive, but don't you need a proof of citizenship when getting a passport. ie Certificate of naturalization or birth certificate
You usually would but since she was under 18 when my dad got naturalized, they just needed proof that she was under his care and proof that he was a citizen. We sent all those things in and after she received her passport, she contacted the Department of State (I accidentally put defense earlier) and was told that she doesn't need a Certificate of Citizenship because her passport was enough proof.

Anyone heard from KH? From my understanding im southern region for medical and both my medical and hr poc are unresponsive to both calls and emails.

When did you complete all your medical and security stuff?
[/QUOTE
i actually got my CIL early Dec. 6 but i was not in a hurry to run off so fast because i have a daughter and a girl and wanted to enjoy it before things started to get going. So i did mine one by one security in December and medical including drug test on January 13th.

You usually would but since she was under 18 when my dad got naturalized, they just needed proof that she was under his care and proof that he was a citizen. We sent all those things in and after she received her passport, she contacted the Department of State (I accidentally put defense earlier) and was told that she doesn't need a Certificate of Citizenship because her passport was enough proof.
Did you put your family’s naturalization information in the EQUIP? My whole immediate family are naturalized citizens so in just wondering if I’m going to have to go through the same process that you’re going through right now.

Did you put your family’s naturalization information in the EQUIP? My whole immediate family are naturalized citizens so in just wondering if I’m going to have to go through the same process that you’re going through right now.
Yeah, same situation here. I put all their Naturalization information. They will ask everything that's in their Naturalization Certificate, including which court issued it and the address.

I ended up talking to her and she said she's just going to turn in what I told her, hopefully I have no trouble.

Also, if they are still dual citizens and live in the United States, they will count as "foreign national contacts" or something similar. I did not have them there but we corrected that in the interview.

Yeah, same situation here. I put all their Naturalization information. They will ask everything that's in their Naturalization Certificate, including which court issued it and the address.

I ended up talking to her and she said she's just going to turn in what I told her, hopefully I have no trouble.

Also, if they are still dual citizens and live in the United States, they will count as "foreign national contacts" or something similar. I did not have them there but we corrected that in the interview.
Are you sure they will still count as a Foreign National? I remember the definition of a Foreign National being anyone who currently does NOT hold US citizenship. (I have a work associate with a dual citizenship I used as a reference, but did not include in the known Foreign Nationals list)

Are you sure they will still count as a Foreign National? I remember the definition of a Foreign National being anyone who currently does NOT hold US citizenship. (I have a work associate with a dual citizenship I used as a reference, but did not include in the known Foreign Nationals list)
It's what I thought as well and why I didn't include them, but the investigator insisted that they counted. Geez this is the second thing she might've gotten confused with. I'm now just hoping they ask me everything again and I can do an interview with someone else.

I'm also stuck with some medical requests for further tests/evaluations (and cost). Right there with you as well. > <;; Hang in there! Fingers crossed for all of us.

Back
Top Bottom