Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I'm in a similar position, I completed EODS 1/8/2020, got a confirmation it was accepted on the 11th, and nothing since.

I have the same Rep, so maybe they've been on leave or really spreading the process out
Yeah she must be spreading it out. I emailed her today about any possible updates because I felt like 3 weeks with no contact wasn’t going to be annoying if I contacted her. I’m sure we’ll get an April/May class date!!

Yeah she must be spreading it out. I emailed her today about any possible updates because I felt like 3 weeks with no contact wasn’t going to be annoying if I contacted her. I’m sure we’ll get an April/May class date!!

My best guess is due to the 2020 pay raise, she had to go back and redo some documentation such as FOLs that were issued and ones that are about to be. No idea how long that would take, but i would definitely cause delays

True EXECEPT Puerto Rico is a level 9, and Guam is a level 8, although I’ve not heard of an academy grad going to Guam.

I know of two people who went to Guam straight from the Academy. And a third who wanted Guam, but the class prior took the alternate Guam spot so he ultimately couldn’t go since it wasn’t available by the time he evaled.

My employer received two letters, one addressed to the supervisor the other to the company. It's a small office so there isn't a personnel office. Are two different supervisors supposed to fill them out or can one do both?

Last edited:
Hi all! I just have a quick question for anyone in my situation. I've been told that due to a couple medical conditions in the past that I need to apply for special consideration. The conditions were a minor non-recurring heart flutter from 15 years ago and the use of an antidepressant for a few months about 3 years ago. Has anyone gone through this? I'm just wondering what my chances are and how long it might take while I compile all the necessary paperwork.

Hi all! I just have a quick question for anyone in my situation. I've been told that due to a couple medical conditions in the past that I need to apply for special consideration. The conditions were a minor non-recurring heart flutter from 15 years ago and the use of an antidepressant for a few months about 3 years ago. Has anyone gone through this? I'm just wondering what my chances are and how long it might take while I compile all the necessary paperwork.
I didn’t have to apply for a special consideration but when I received my medical clearance I was told that I will have to submit a current status report on my medical condition every year.

For me, the flight surgeon had approved me for special consideration before my AME even uploaded my physical. But I sent in all medical records in the initial e-mail from them and completed the CSR and personal statements as quickly as possible.

Hey guys, two questions.

I'm trying to find a housing provider that would hopefully (have a gym onsite) and wouldn't be too far from the academy and has a shuttle(I'd rather not bring my car because I live on the west coast lol). I can uber to supermarkets if they're not super far.

Ideally live alone (hotel room/apartment/house doesn't matter)

Preferably close to some bars that I can uber to on the weekends if I'm feeling depressed (getting ready for my alcoholic future!)

Looking through the choices on the housing FAQ the pages provided have some incorrect/incomplete information or the pictures provided are pretty crap.

What would you guys recommend? Where do you think living and studying was the best?

Hey guys, two questions.

I'm trying to find a housing provider that would hopefully (have a gym onsite) and wouldn't be too far from the academy and has a shuttle(I'd rather not bring my car because I live on the west coast lol). I can uber to supermarkets if they're not super far.

Preferably close to some bars that I can uber to on the weekends if I'm feeling depressed (getting ready for my alcoholic future!)

Looking through the choices on the housing FAQ the pages provided have some incorrect/incomplete information or the pictures provided are pretty crap.

What would you guys recommend? Where do you think living and studying was the best?
Sounds like Anitole would be a good fit.

Hey guys, two questions.

Seconded. Anatole is in a good location, has good management, they have a fitness center of some kind, walking trails, pools... and you get your own single-bedroom apartment sort of deal, but it's also in a complex with lots of other students. There's a nearby shuttle pickup, and I'm sure food and drink isn't far either.

I have a question about housing and the allowance given for it. My boyfriend is in the pre-employment for this bid. We are in Texas. My mom lives in OKC with a spare bedroom. Would we be able to stay with her and use the allowance and give it to her? Anyone been in that situation before?

Seconded. Anatole is in a good location, has good management, they have a fitness center of some kind, walking trails, pools... and you get your own single-bedroom apartment sort of deal, but it's also in a complex with lots of other students. There's a nearby shuttle pickup, and I'm sure food and drink isn't far either.
Thanks guys, I'll take a look!

I have a question about housing and the allowance given for it. My boyfriend is in the pre-employment for this bid. We are in Texas. My mom lives in OKC with a spare bedroom. Would we be able to stay with her and use the allowance and give it to her? Anyone been in that situation before?
No.

Hey guys, how much would I expect to make total from the academy- I see that Annual Salary base is 19500 and Adjusted Pay is 25500.

Since Academy for Enroute is roughly 4 months should I expect to make 1/3rd of Annual Salary?

So Salary is around 6500 for 4 months? (1625 a month?)

Hey guys, how much would I expect to make total from the academy- I see that Annual Salary base is 19500 and Adjusted Pay is 25500.

Since Academy for Enroute is roughly 4 months should I expect to make 1/3rd of Annual Salary?

So Salary is around 6500 for 4 months? (1625 a month?)
1/3 of 25500 is 8500, less taxes or whatever, but plus whatever you pocket from your M&IE per diem.

Back
Top Bottom