Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I’m not sure what they were looking into. I had a job in the past that I was fired from which is the only thing I would think they might look into but my investigator just went through my eqip with me and it only took about 30 minutes.

I wouldn't worry too much then. If there was something they were considerably worried about you would know about it, because the investigator would be drilling you with questions. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. When did you do your medical? (sorry if you've posted that elsewhere i wasn't going to go looking for it) That takes the longest to get submitted I do believe.

Has anyone enrolled with mariott or hilton rewards programs in the past have been able to collect points while staying at a hotel for the academy while it's being paid for out of your per diem? I'm curious if you're eligible to collect points or not if you're paying out of your per diem. Because that's a pretty good deal if you can.

I was going thru this forum when I was looking at housing and someone actually did that. They stayed at a hotel for training and racked up points which allowed the person to stay at a hotel near their first facility for free while looking for housing

I was going thru this forum when I was looking at housing and someone actually did that. They stayed at a hotel for training and racked up points which allowed the person to stay at a hotel near their first facility for free while looking for housing
That's actually pretty good if you can. I figure it's the best bang for the buck after the FAA made the change where you cannot pocket any of the per diem. If you must spend it all, at least you can rack up rewards points that you can then apply to future hotel stays.

That's actually pretty good if you can. I figure it's the best bang for the buck after the FAA made the change where you cannot pocket any of the per diem. If you must spend it all, at least you can rack up rewards points that you can then apply to future hotel stays.

That's what I was thinking of doing now too. Another advantage over Anatole is getting free breakfast.

I’m staying at the Hilton Home 2 Suites, and I told the woman that I was from the FAA ATC academy, which dates I would be there and she’s said they set the room rate to match the per diem. No haggling no issues at all.

How did you contact them? Over the phone or in person?

I wouldn't worry too much then. If there was something they were considerably worried about you would know about it, because the investigator would be drilling you with questions. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. When did you do your medical? (sorry if you've posted that elsewhere i wasn't going to go looking for it) That takes the longest to get submitted I do believe.
I had my medical exam on 12/26 and took my drug test on 12/31. My medical POC informed me that my medical clearance had been completed on 1/9 so I'm pretty sure I'm just waiting on the security clearance at this point.

I had my medical exam on 12/26 and took my drug test on 12/31. My medical POC informed me that my medical clearance had been completed on 1/9 so I'm pretty sure I'm just waiting on the security clearance at this point.

You are about 10 days behind my timeline. I did my drug test and medical on the 16th of December. Not saying that has any rhyme or reason behind how class dates are sent out but hopefully you'll hear something soon. Best of luck!!

Here was my timeline.

Applied Pool 1 6/14/2019
ATSA: 10/5/2019
Referred BQ: 10/29/2019
TOL: 11/6/2019
CIL: 11/22/2019
MMPI: 11/26/2019
Finger Prints: 12/9/19
Medical Exam: 12/10/19
eQIP Release: 12/10/19
Drug Test: 12/11/19
Class Date Offer: 12/31/19 (February 26 Enroute)
FOL: 1/29/2020

Anyone know how it works with missing a class day? I just started my CIL stuff and haven’t got a class date but I will have to miss a Friday May 8th for a sibling graduation. How does that work in the academy?

Anyone know how it works with missing a class day? I just started my CIL stuff and haven’t got a class date but I will have to miss a Friday May 8th for a sibling graduation. How does that work in the academy?
I just got a 5/19 class date and I received my CIL mid December. I don't think you have anything to worry about

From the class dates I have seen recently it looks like by the time you get a date it will be well be past May.

You are not allowed to miss a day of class. A graduation wouldnt be authorized. Maybe a child birth or death.

Hi all, just got my CIL here. I was wondering, for scheduling the MMPI, do I just have to google the facility, find the phone number and call and ask for the proctor? I figured their would be a some way of contacting the proctors on the spreadsheet but it doesn't appear so.

Hi all, just got my CIL here. I was wondering, for scheduling the MMPI, do I just have to google the facility, find the phone number and call and ask for the proctor? I figured their would be a some way of contacting the proctors on the spreadsheet but it doesn't appear so.
They should provide you with that information. Ask your POC.

I went through the academy June-Oct 2018 and several of my classmates were allowed to miss a day here and there for friends weddings. It’s not a big deal as long as you catch up with a classmate on what you missed. It’s more difficult to make up the actual problems (radar and nonradar if you’re Enroute) so I’m not sure if you’d be allowed to miss one of those days, wouldn’t recommend it anyway.

I went through the academy June-Oct 2018 and several of my classmates were allowed to miss a day here and there for friends weddings. It’s not a big deal as long as you catch up with a classmate on what you missed. It’s more difficult to make up the actual problems (radar and nonradar if you’re Enroute) so I’m not sure if you’d be allowed to miss one of those days, wouldn’t recommend it anyway.

Things must have changed because when i went someone almost got the can for oversleeping and coming in late. He got a written warning that if it happened again he would be terminated. This was in basics.

Back
Top Bottom