Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

I was just offered a class date, but the email says they need my official college transcripts to issue a FOL. I’m not using my education to qualify, and I don’t have access to my transcripts right now. Will this be a problem?

I was just offered a class date, but the email says they need my official college transcripts to issue a FOL. I’m not using my education to qualify, and I don’t have access to my transcripts right now. Will this be a problem?
I would try replying saying that your work history should meet the criteria. You could also start the process of retrieving your college transcripts.

What date did you receive?

Your college should have a way to mail official transcripts and you should be able to have it mailed to the address they give you.

I got asked for my official transcripts too even though my work experience should have been enough. That was before getting CIL though.
Usually you don't have access to official transcripts anyway and you need to get that ordered. Typically, you have to pay a processing fee to get it either mailed or emailed.

Call your HR POC.

The official transcript message seems to be on a ton of emails, and is either an error (like it got copied into a form response by accident), or the initial application transcripts are not getting forwarded correctly. I think I got this message prior to my CIL(?), and I said I had sent them on the initial application, but copied my college and grad transcripts again in that response email, and got the CIL or whatever the next day with no problem.

Everyone who is looking at housing, I highly recommend doing one through a hotel chain- I get 5 points per dollar spent (per day) which can add up immensely.

Last edited:
Everyone who is looking at housing, I highly recommend doing one through a hotel chain- I booked through Marriott and get 5 points per dollar spent (per day) which can add up immensely.
I plan to do this. Seems too good of a deal to pass up. Edit: If I actually get a class date :D

Everyone who is looking at housing, I highly recommend doing one through a hotel chain- I booked through Marriott and get 5 points per dollar spent (per day) which can add up immensely.

I imagine this doesn't apply to those who need to rely on the shuttle to get them to class and back every day.

I imagine this doesn't apply to those who need to rely on the shuttle to get them to class and back every day.
The hotel place I'm staying has a shuttle! PM me if you want more details as to where I'm staying (don't want to make it seem like I'm being paid to advertise haha)

Has anybody who has been been through the background check had their friends contacted by an investigator? If so do you mind sharing what kind of questions they were asked?

Did your point of contact mention this?
No, my point of contact reached out because she was still missing my drug test. I called the facility where it was done and they told me like 6 weeks AFTER doing the drug test. They never called me to tell me to come back in or anything. Thankfully it was a long drive so I didn't go in there flipping tables lol

I got asked for transcripts pretty late in the process too. I can't remember when exactly, but it was right around my FOL. I just emailed my POC back saying that I was qualifying based on work experience and they replied that they forgot to take that part out of my email. So my guess is it was just a mistake.

So I recieved a class date and was informed I have my medical clearance but still no news of my security clearance. I'm not sure if I have my security clearance or not, my security POC has not informed me. Just a slight problem: the place I've worked at for 5 years closed suddenly last weekend due to bankruptcy and prior to that, my manager never received any questionnaire. I had to redo the eqip almost exactly a month ago and I wouldn't want to do it all over again for a 3rd time.
The corporate offices are still open for that company so i was informed any mail will be forwarded to the offices in another state. Should I inform my security POC of this news? Only reason I haven't already is because I'm now in between jobs (trying to find something temporarily) and I really dont want to redo the eqip all over again. I've been thinking about this for the past week and dont know what to do bc everyone I know knows nothing about security clearances.

So I recieved a class date and was informed I have my medical clearance but still no news of my security clearance. I'm not sure if I have my security clearance or not, my security POC has not informed me. Just a slight problem: the place I've worked at for 5 years closed suddenly last weekend due to bankruptcy and prior to that, my manager never received any questionnaire. I had to redo the eqip almost exactly a month ago and I wouldn't want to do it all over again for a 3rd time.
The corporate offices are still open for that company so i was informed any mail will be forwarded to the offices in another state. Should I inform my security POC of this news? Only reason I haven't already is because I'm now in between jobs (trying to find something temporarily) and I really dont want to redo the eqip all over again. I've been thinking about this for the past week and dont know what to do bc everyone I know knows nothing about security clearances.
If you received a class date I would assume you have conditional clearance. You likely won't have an actual security clearance until much further down the road. These things take time.

Things must have changed because when i went someone almost got the can for oversleeping and coming in late. He got a written warning that if it happened again he would be terminated. This was in basics.
That happened to someone in my class too. But there’s a difference between being late and having and absence that was coordinated and approved in advance.

So I’m doing all the security stuff and I have a question about the OF306 form and DOT1631 form. I have to sign them and upload them as attachments to the eQIP. How do I do that if it’s not letting me type into where it says sign? What did everyone else do with those documents?

Back
Top Bottom