Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Have you tried reaching out to your HR POC at all? I think I emailed mine about 2 or 3 weeks ago but never got a reply. I'm thinking about possibly calling mine either today or tomorrow only because my job might want me to come back soon and I was actually planning on having April 24th be my last day to give myself a month break before this whole thing happened. Don't know if I should go back to work only to be there for a week or two and then quit suddenly bc of this class
ALSO: those of you who have been offered the online basics class, I know you get paid the hourly rate for 40 hours/week, right? What happens once the online basics class ends? Do you continue to get paid until the academy opens back up or are you stuck waiting to hear something without any sort of income?
I emailed my POC last week and she said she would let me know. I am hoping I hear back by today or tomorrow, if not I'll shoot her an email. We shall see though.

HR rep said she doesn't know the status for security stuff, and I need to talk to my security POC instead.

Definitely worth emailing other security POCs then and asking the same questions- I remember my FAA rep was on vacation and no one could reach him until someone emailed a different rep and got told that he wasn't in the office for two weeks.

Too many responses to quote here but attention everyone, you should take it on good authority that basics classes are running online now and no matter when the academy reopens, which won't be for a while based on the median age and amount of people the academy can hold, basics will always be online from here forward. Don't know how they're scheduling classes that have been set for May or June but expect to be flexible with a new start date. HR hasn't appeared to have gotten the memo on anything yet. As for pay, as soon as you onboard you are paid the academy salary-no per diem, until the day you graduate the academy and leave for your fac so you're covered pay wise.

I got an email on March 9 saying that I got all my clearances, and that by the end of March I would get class date for end of June/early July.

Haven't heard anything since, and not expecting any updates anytime soon

Definitely worth emailing other security POCs then and asking the same questions- I remember my FAA rep was on vacation and no one could reach him until someone emailed a different rep and got told that he wasn't in the office for two weeks.
Hmm ok, I'll ask someone for their security contact then.

Hmm ok, I'll ask someone for their security contact then.
Whos your Security POC? I've got MG as my Security POC and she hasn't responded to any emails since February. Had my interview early March, emailed HR POC a week ago and heard I still havent had my Security clearance.
Submitted my EQIP in December too.

Is your security contact AO by chance?
Nope, JS
Whos your Security POC? I've got MG as my Security POC and she hasn't responded to any emails since February. Had my interview early March, emailed HR POC a week ago and heard I still havent had my Security clearance.
Submitted my EQIP in December too.
Mine is JS. Yeah last I heard from her was Jan and she was super responsive. But since then no emails or phone calls were replied. My interview as in Feb and it took my investigator like a month to turn it in.

Nope, JS

Mine is JS. Yeah last I heard from her was Jan and she was super responsive. But since then no emails or phone calls were replied. My interview as in Feb and it took my investigator like a month to turn it in.

If it's the same JS as me, she is no longer with the FAA. I had to email a different security person to get my clearances sent again.

Just got confirmation from CS that I passed all my clearances. Completed CIL on 02/12, then never heard anything back except numerous calls from my security investigator. I assumed this whole time I was waiting on security.

Finally sent CS an email this morning asking about my status and she replied a couple hours later saying I have had all my clearances and am waiting on word about academy. This was the first time I willingly reached out to HR. I would not have received this information had I not reached out.

Feels good to know I’m in the clear for now.

Just had my security interview today after not hearing anything for two months. Took roughly 2 hours. My past employers aren't responding to the letters, so they have to be sent again. As always... more waiting!

Is it normal to have a completely different background investigator do a follow up on the background check? I had my first one about a month ago, was told I was cleared on my clearances by my POC and today received a call to set up a follow up.

Is it normal to have a completely different background investigator do a follow up on the background check? I had my first one about a month ago, was told I was cleared on my clearances by my POC and today received a call to set up a follow up.

Usually only meet the investigator once. They probably found something they didnt like. You weren't cleared, you were conditionally cleared so you were able to attend the academy but the investigation continues.

I would say very possible. My investigator had someone else do an interview for one of my references located in another area that was "too far" for him.

Back
Top Bottom