Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

What’s everyone’s ideal landing spot for terminal/enroute after the academy? I’m just genuinely curious. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts. For me it’s Houston but after that it’s pretty much anywhere in California or Florida and I’m not sure why.
Hampton, GA (Atlanta ARTCC)

Got this email for Tier 2:

"Dear Applicant,

Due to COVID-19 and the varying local guidance given, coordination for tier 2 evaluations has been impacted. Please provide your current location to determine if your evaluation can be coordinated at the present time. We will advise if your evaluation can be coordinated now, or if there will be delays.

NOTE: You must advise us if you are currently out of the country.

Thank you."

This sucks...

Got this email for Tier 2:

"Dear Applicant,

Due to COVID-19 and the varying local guidance given, coordination for tier 2 evaluations has been impacted. Please provide your current location to determine if your evaluation can be coordinated at the present time. We will advise if your evaluation can be coordinated now, or if there will be delays.

NOTE: You must advise us if you are currently out of the country.

Thank you."

This sucks...
I’m in the same boat! It was very depressing when I learned the news a couple months ago. Just try to keep your head up!

Last edited:
What’s everyone’s ideal landing spot for terminal/enroute after the academy? I’m just genuinely curious. Would love to hear anyone’s thoughts. For me it’s Houston but after that it’s pretty much anywhere in California or Florida and I’m not sure why.
Ideally, Salt Lake or Atlanta enroute. Terminal St Petersburg FL or somewhere mountainous. But realistically anywhere that's not Louisiana or Mississippi

Anyone able to contact their security POC? I emailed her 3 weeks ago and called a few times in the past week and no one had answered. My HR never replied to email either but at least she answered the call, and I was told my security is still not cleared (submitted eqip in Dec and had my interview in Feb). But I cant get in touch with security.

Ideally, Salt Lake or Atlanta enroute. Terminal St Petersburg FL or somewhere mountainous. But realistically anywhere that's not Louisiana or Mississippi
Oh damn are you talking about the St Pete/Clearwater airport? I’m from Palm Harbor so I know that area really well. I’ve flown out of that airport many times. I bet that would be a pretty sweet job to have there.

Oh damn are you talking about the St Pete/Clearwater airport? I’m from Palm Harbor so I know that area really well. I’ve flown out of that airport many times. I bet that would be a pretty sweet job to have there.
Yep. We've spent some time in that area the past few years so I wouldn't mind it. Atl is my first choice just so I don't have to move my family, but we're also kinda excited for the chance to move so really wherever is good with us. Like I said, anywhere but Louisiana and Mississippi.

Randomly emailed the medical POC and they said I was cleared last week. You have to reach out to these people I feel like because they're not going to tell you as soon as you'd like. I have all of my clearances now, so we'll see what happens. Anyone have their clearances and are waiting for the next step?

Anyone able to contact their security POC? I emailed her 3 weeks ago and called a few times in the past week and no one had answered. My HR never replied to email either but at least she answered the call, and I was told my security is still not cleared (submitted eqip in Dec and had my interview in Feb). But I cant get in touch with security.
It took some patience, but I was able to get a response...

Randomly emailed the medical POC and they said I was cleared last week. You have to reach out to these people I feel like because they're not going to tell you as soon as you'd like. I have all of my clearances now, so we'll see what happens. Anyone have their clearances and are waiting for the next step?
Yes I am in the same boat. I actually got emailed that I passed my medical. But had not heard about my security clearance so I emailed and they said I passed as well. So I’ve been all cleared since about 3/20 and just waiting on the next step. It will probably be awhile till we get a class date because the FAA has to figure out what they’re gonna do.

Yes. I reached out to my POC earlier this month and was informed that I'm all cleared as well. POC said that once academy opens and the COVID situation settles, I'll be notified of a starting class date. Based on all the delays, my bet is that I won't start at least until August or September.

I've been cleared since Feb. We're in the endgame now...

Yes I am in the same boat. I actually got emailed that I passed my medical. But had not heard about my security clearance so I emailed and they said I passed as well. So I’ve been all cleared since about 3/20 and just waiting on the next step. It will probably be awhile till we get a class date because the FAA has to figure out what they’re gonna do.
Is it true a portion of training could be online?

unclear for those of us that recently got cleared. I know some others on this thread that already received a start date before COVID had a start date to basics I think this month and May got offered to take basics online
I am in the May 26th Terminal Class and we still haven't heard anything. I know the class the week before has been offered Online Onboarding.

I am in the May 26th Terminal Class and we still haven't heard anything. I know the class the week before has been offered Online Onboarding.
Interesting, I appreciate that. Definitely going to be slow these next few weeks... sounds like Illinois is extending the stay at home order until May 30, going to find out soon.

Is it true a portion of training could be online?
I don’t think people who haven’t got a class date will get offered online portion. They’d probably just delay us until they could get us in person. I know I won’t be able to do online because I don’t have a laptop and my apartment complex computers have been gone for months. So I’ll just be waiting.

Have you tried reaching out to your HR POC at all? I think I emailed mine about 2 or 3 weeks ago but never got a reply. I'm thinking about possibly calling mine either today or tomorrow only because my job might want me to come back soon and I was actually planning on having April 24th be my last day to give myself a month break before this whole thing happened. Don't know if I should go back to work only to be there for a week or two and then quit suddenly bc of this class
ALSO: those of you who have been offered the online basics class, I know you get paid the hourly rate for 40 hours/week, right? What happens once the online basics class ends? Do you continue to get paid until the academy opens back up or are you stuck waiting to hear something without any sort of income?

ALSO: those of you who have been offered the online basics class, I know you get paid the hourly rate for 40 hours/week, right? What happens once the online basics class ends? Do you continue to get paid until the academy opens back up or are you stuck waiting to hear something without any sort of income?

The way it was explained to me is from the day we are virtually on boarded we will be on the payroll and continue to get paid the salary minus the per diem. There is a class that is finishing up their virtual basics on Friday so one of them might be able to provide some more specific insight into exactly what their next steps are, but this is how it was portrayed to me.

Back
Top Bottom