Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

You find out a week before radar evals . . . So in about 4 weeks from now for me.

I'm sure you have been made aware of this and I know it is hard but don't even think about facilities. They can and will send you anywhere. I'd recommend looking at the possible facilities and assuming you're going to your last preference so you won't be disappointed later on.
oh okay cool. I don’t know much about the timeline of the academy so this is All great info for me. Good luck man!!

Taking nonradar evals today . . . which means I am sitting in a room doing nothing for most of the day. Anyone have any questions about the Academy or anything?
Mmmm nonradar sounds fun! Good luck with your eval! Have you heard anything through the grapevine about future classes? Or if anyone else on the thread knows, how far out they have people scheduled in classes? I just looked today and saw they have initial en route qualification training and initial tower cab training classes through the beginning of next year, so a class date for us waiting hopefully should be soon. Just was curious if you’ve heard anything significant.

Mmmm nonradar sounds fun! Good luck with your eval! Have you heard anything through the grapevine about future classes? Or if anyone else on the thread knows, how far out they have people scheduled in classes? I just looked today and saw they have initial en route qualification training and initial tower cab training classes through the beginning of next year, so a class date for us waiting hopefully should be soon. Just was curious if you’ve heard anything significant.
Thanks one down one to go in about 30 minutes!

Instructors have been talking about how the FAA is trying to return to a somewhat normal capacity here at the Academy. The problem they are running into is a shortage of instructors as not everyone is willing to come back (a lot of them fall into into the at risk age group). Many instructors have been working double shifts to accommodate the classes that are here. It is likely they'll only be able to have half the normal people here at once given classes can't be larger than 8 people due to the virus.

Side note . . . I can't express how unlikely it is that in person basics returns. Accept online basics if your are able to at the moment.

Hang in there class dates will come!

Thanks one down one to go in about 30 minutes!

Instructors have been talking about how the FAA is trying to return to a somewhat normal capacity here at the Academy. The problem they are running into is a shortage of instructors as not everyone is willing to come back (a lot of them fall into into the at risk age group). Many instructors have been working double shifts to accommodate the classes that are here. It is likely they'll only be able to have half the normal people here at once given classes can't be larger than 8 people due to the virus.

Side note . . . I can't express how unlikely it is that in person basics returns. Accept online basics if your are able to at the moment.

Hang in there class dates will come!
They were pushing online basics well before covid. They were talking about it when I was at the academy 3 years ago

How’d they go? In your opinion, how difficult has everything been so far?
Just finished I got a 91 average. First problem wasn't very difficult and the second problem was on the difficult side. They throw situations at you that you have the knowledge to handle but aren't exactly what you practiced.
EDIT
Overall the material is not difficult but the amount you have to be proficient at in a short period of time is the difficulty.

Last edited:
Just finished I got a 91 average. First problem wasn't very difficult and the second problem was on the difficult side. They throw situations at you that you have the knowledge to handle but aren't exactly what you practiced.
EDIT
Overall the material is not difficult but the amount you have to be proficient at in a short period of time is the difficulty.
I forgot to say established on, on one of mine like a fucking wanker

EDIT

Any tips on studying/memorizing the phraseology? Ive been studying like I did the map, just constant repetition. Which seems to be working, however I'm open to any other methods you used. Congrats on the 91 by the way.

Any tips on studying/memorizing the phraseology? Ive been studying like I did the map, just constant repetition. Which seems to be working, however I'm open to any other methods you used. Congrats on the 91 by the way.
You’ll learn the phraseology by using it. You need to fully understand it before it makes sense.

Random question here. I think I am in the same boat as most people here. Waiting to hear on a class date, but I have all of my clearances already. I have been in contact with my HR rep through all of quarantine, but have only gotten vague updates. Anyways, I live in the northeast and my apartment lease will be up next month. If I moved down to Oklahoma ahead of time (I am able to work full time remotely) would I be able to have the FAA pay for my rent once I am in the academy?
I obviously don’t mind paying it for the time being until I start the academy. I just was not sure if they would pay for housing not on the actual list. This may be an obvious answer I just don’t know it. Thanks!
Don't quote me on this, but I remember reading somewhere that if you already live in OKC, they don't cover your housing

Back
Top Bottom