Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Yeah but ACB is saying his rep told him they were the same day. My rep told me onboarding 1/19, basics 2/22 class 3/16. But It doesn’t add up to what others like ACB are saying
Sounds like the reps aren’t sure either. I’m just glad I have a date after waiting so long, so whether or not onboarding and basics are the same day I’m not complaining lol

I think the advantage was mainly for the terminal students as we could at least practice the phraseology and learn the standard procedures since they have this program with the academy airport layout and they can add and drag planes around. Super basic but it is giving us terminal people a head start.
This exactly. Just today my tower class got a solid hour of phraseology to practice. I’m learning what to say and how to say in what is likely 2-3 months before I’ll ever get to apply it at the actual academy. I may have it already memorized before I step foot in the academy. I’m loving it.

This exactly. Just today my tower class got a solid hour of phraseology to practice. I’m learning what to say and how to say in what is likely 2-3 months before I’ll ever get to apply it at the actual academy. I may have it already memorized before I step foot in the academy. I’m loving it.
Funny store. Like 1.5 years into actual controlling one day I was giving a clearance and I straight up forgot the phonetic for W. So I just said double you.

for those of you in virtual classes... any updates on academy dates?
Not sure exactly what you're asking, but here's the course catalog. I'm currently in the Virtual Initial Tower Cab rolling zoom with 28 students. I believe another 14 are joining us on Thursday. 9 students left on Friday for a Nov 13 class date, and 9 more are tentatively scheduled for each of the Nov 23, Dec 1, and Dec 15 start dates but haven't yet got the email.

for those of you in virtual classes... any updates on academy dates?
I still have an Enroute class date of Dec 16

rumor is that is may get pushed back a couple days due to the ice storms in OKC closing things down for a couple days, but I haven’t been told anything official

Yeah but ACB is saying his rep told him they were the same day. My rep told me onboarding 1/19, basics 2/22 class 3/16. But It doesn’t add up to what others like ACB are saying
My rep said the same as yours and I confirmed the dates with her after I wrote it down. However, it’s probably best just to wait for the confirmation email that should be coming in 1-2 weeks (for me).

Well my HR rep just confirmed to me today that in-person basics are gone. I turned down an online terminal class for July and today I was offered an enroute class in February.
Makes sense. I wonder if they will ever bring it back years down the road or if they’re permanently adopting this. Also, what is your onboarding / class date?

I still have an Enroute class date of Dec 16

rumor is that is may get pushed back a couple days due to the ice storms in OKC closing things down for a couple days, but I haven’t been told anything official
I think that is not true. Maybe I am wrong. I have not heard anything about a delay and I am going the 4th.

I think that is not true. Maybe I am wrong. I have not heard anything about a delay and I am going the 4th.
Yeah its only a rumor. I haven’t been told anything official since I was given a class date.

But I know there were multiple classes that started at the beginning of November whose start date was pushed back, and my housing provider is under the impression all dates scheduled before the ice storm are getting adjusted.

Who actually knows though.

CG is starting to send out those confirmation emails regarding onboarding that the FAA rep called about. She’ll also be sending out emails to retake your drug test if it expired (I received that email directly following her update). Hopefully, that doesn’t delay the “promised” onboarding date...

Things must be moving up because my basics class was given early-mid march dates on 10/20 and today we had a student given an updated, mid-late January academy date.

Just a little academy update, my husband is there now and currently about to start radar labs for en route. His class was extended two days because the ice storm shut down the academy for two days. And now two en route classes (that came after him, they're still on non radar) have been now quarantined for 14 days due to covid symptoms. So some upcoming classes could experience delays because they have a set number of students that are allowed to be at the academy at the same time.

is there a graduating class every week?
no. the next graduating class is my husband's (at least for en route, idk anything about tower) and his class's last day is December 17th. There was a huge pause in classes because they had to wait for students to leave before more could come (his original class in august got pushed back over a month).

I got my offer call this afternoon. Missed the call because I was at work, but called back as soon as I could.

In early June, I had declined terminal online basics beginning 07/09/20.

Just got the call today for enroute online basics beginning 02/26/21. Accepted this time, of course. Projected OKC start date of 03/31/21. She said virtual onboarding would be the first day of online basics.

I was regretting declining the call I got in June after seeing everyone else progressing. However, at this point in time, I'm glad I did, since all along I was hoping for an enroute position. That was a small factor leading me to decline in the first place, so I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

On a side note, I am finishing up my IFR pilot checkride next week! Had to discontinue in October due to lack of a plane with precision approach capability. Glide slope indicator was inop. I completed everything else satisfactorily, so all I'll have to demonstrate next Tuesday is an ILS approach, and I'm done.

Things are looking up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom