Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Hey sorry everyone I received my FOL this morning for ENROUTE 3/18/21. Been spending time celebrating with the fam and using our promotional holiday gift cards at TGI FRIDAYS! We are very confused regarding the pay based off the FOL. I know we do not get per diem until academy, but we were just trying to break everything down for our curious minds. Any help would be appreciated thanks and good luck to you all!

Hey sorry everyone I received my FOL this morning for ENROUTE 3/18/21. Been spending time celebrating with the fam and using our promotional holiday gift cards at TGI FRIDAYS! We are very confused regarding the pay based off the FOL. I know we do not get per diem until academy, but we were just to break everything down for our curious minds. Any help would be appreciated thanks and good luck to you all!
Congratulations sir! Others can probably do better on training pay Info. But you’re looking at a multi million dollar career. Don’t sweat the relatively low training/entry level pay...

Congratulations sir! Others can probably do better on training pay Info. But you’re looking at a multi million dollar career. Don’t sweat the relatively low training/entry level pay...
Thank you! Been at FedEx almost 13 years and ready to start a new career

Hey sorry everyone I received my FOL this morning for ENROUTE 3/18/21. Been spending time celebrating with the fam and using our promotional holiday gift cards at TGI FRIDAYS! We are very confused regarding the pay based off the FOL. I know we do not get per diem until academy, but we were just trying to break everything down for our curious minds. Any help would be appreciated thanks and good luck to you all!
Check out this FAQ page.

The calculation starts with a Basic Pay amount which is a standard amount based on your position. Generally determined by facility level and training status, but it’s a set amount for OKC academy.

Then your pay is adjusted for your locality, so ppl in NYC and rural TX make a more proportional pay. Academy locality is actually based off D.C. at 30.48%.

So Basic Pay x 1.3048 = your adjusted pay, what you actually make.

You can ignore COLA as it only applies to more remote locations outside of CONUS.

Does this answer your question?

Congrats! Hopefully I get my FOL for the same enroute date soon!

Who is your HR rep out of curiosity?

Is there anyone from this bid who has been to the academy that can tell me what the gym on “campus” is like?
Gym is closed at the academy due to covid but if you stay at Kims place, a gym membership is included. The gym is like 1.5 miles away if you end up getting placed at her Yukon location, super convenient

Check out this FAQ page.

The calculation starts with a Basic Pay amount which is a standard amount based on your position. Generally determined by facility level and training status, but it’s a set amount for OKC academy.

Then your pay is adjusted for your locality, so ppl in NYC and rural TX make a more proportional pay. Academy locality is actually based off D.C. at 30.48%.

So Basic Pay x 1.3048 = your adjusted pay, what you actually make.

You can ignore COLA as it only applies to more remote locations outside of CONUS.

Does this answer your question?
This helps very much, however does the adjusted pay include per diem and my wage. Was trying to break that down to see how everything equals to the adjusted pay...

This helps very much, however does the adjusted pay include per diem and my wage. Was trying to break that down to see how everything equals to the adjusted pay...
The adjusted pay is a yearly number. Divide by 2087 hours per year (over the long run that's what it averages out to including leap years, so that's how the government figures it) and you'll get your hourly wage. You'll work 8.5-hour days at the Academy with a half-hour unpaid lunch, so 40/week, 80/period.

The per diem is completely separate. You won't see it on your LES (paystub) or biweekly direct deposit, it goes through the travel voucher system and you'll set it up after you've been at the Academy for a few weeks. It isn't taxed.

Simply put you’ll be making about $1400 a month at the academy and you’ll get 2 or 3 lump sum payments with your per diem and travel expenses stuff once you get to the academy

The adjusted pay is a yearly number. Divide by 2087 hours per year (over the long run that's what it averages out to including leap years, so that's how the government figures it) and you'll get your hourly wage. You'll work 8.5-hour days at the Academy with a half-hour unpaid lunch, so 40/week, 80/period.

The per diem is completely separate. You won't see it on your LES (paystub) or biweekly direct deposit, it goes through the travel voucher system and you'll set it up after you've been at the Academy for a few weeks. It isn't taxed.
Thank you

Simply put you’ll be making about $1400 a month at the academy and you’ll get 2 or 3 lump sum payments with your per diem and travel expenses stuff once you get to the academy
Thank you
Simply put you’ll be making about $1400 a month at the academy and you’ll get 2 or 3 lump sum payments with your per diem and travel expenses stuff once you get to the acad

Does anyone know how much notice is generally given to report to OKC after basics? Do they actually give you enough time or is it more like "you can report in next monday"?

finally received my FOL, first response direct from TH's email correspondence since the TOL at the end of 2019! But it was under someone else's name (lol). Congrats NP, your FOL is coming soon!

I can confirm that she checks her voicemail frequently though, got the mix up fixed in the same hour. Happy to join the 3/18 gang!
Congrats!!

finally received my FOL, first response direct from TH's email correspondence since the TOL at the end of 2019! But it was under someone else's name (lol). Congrats NP, your FOL is coming soon!

I can confirm that she checks her voicemail frequently though, got the mix up fixed in the same hour. Happy to join the 3/18 gang!
LMAO.

I got it! 3/18 gang represent.

Back
Top Bottom