Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Pretty sure it was for the FSS open bid a few months ago, because I've never got an e-mail saying my invitation was rescinded and I applied for both

Hey guys, I looked back at my application for this bid and realized that I accidentally put Pool 1 for question 10 when I am actually in Pool 2 since I am not CTI or military. However, for question 10, it says: NOTE: If you answered "No" to questions 7,8,or 9 above, you will be placed in pool 2 upon referral.

Do you think it matters that I selected pool 1 in this case? It looks like I would be defaulted to pool 2 either way because I answered "No" to questions 7,8 and 9. See image:

Application Issue.PNG

Hey guys, I looked back at my application for this bid and realized that I accidentally put Pool 1 for question 10 when I am actually in Pool 2 since I am not CTI or military. However, for question 10, it says: NOTE: If you answered "No" to questions 7,8,or 9 above, you will be placed in pool 2 upon referral.

Do you think it matters that I selected pool 1 in this case? It looks like I would be defaulted to pool 2 either way because I answered "No" to questions 7,8 and 9. See image:

View attachment 2635

Can't hurt to just contact HR and let them correct your application if you made an error.

View attachment 2635

So i had did this on last years bid because i wasn't familiar with the pools...they disqualified me because of this...i had called hr and thats what the lady told me

Just judging from my experience as an Instructor at the Academy, CTI grads and Vets do have a higher pass rate. Some CTI schools are exceptional, many of the grads from them can go straight to the field as far as most instructors are concerned.....and the FAA should do direct hires from them. Beaver in Pennsylvania is tops, and there are 2 or 3 others that are very good, the graduates always do well. It is about time something was done to recognize the hard work and yes, dedication to the profession that some of the CTI grads have demonstrated in working for their degree and Certificate. The hiring process has always seemed a bit unfair and missed its mark for the CTI grads....

Last edited:
Can't hurt to just contact HR and let them correct your application if you made an error.

I called and spoke to a HR rep. She said there's no way to change the application after the bid closes (6/17) and it will likely disqualify me...I've seen people on this website say that they called HR about an error on their application and HR changed it for them. Do you think that it was just the rep that I got? Does anyone have a similar experience where they got their application changed after the bid closed? Thank you guys for your help

I called and spoke to a HR rep. She said there's no way to change the application after the bid closes (6/17) and it will likely disqualify me...I've seen people on this website say that they called HR about an error on their application and HR changed it for them. Do you think that it was just the rep that I got? Does anyone have a similar experience where they got their application changed after the bid closed? Thank you guys for your help
I actually called after because i had not herd anything...so if you call now they might be able to change but not 100% sure

Just called again and spoke to a different rep. This rep also said that once the bid is closed, no one can update/change their application. She said she wasn’t sure if it would disqualify me but she said my best course of action would be to wait until my application gets rejected and then call to see if I can get it fixed. Based of what you said, it looks unlikely that I will be able to fix it. When they DQed you, did you try to see if they would reverse the decision or if there was any way to appeal the DQ?

Seems weird that the item on the application specifically states that it will adjust you to Pool 2 if you answered the previous items in such a way... yet they still would DQ you. At the same time, it is an incorrect response. So I see both sides, but if they are going to be sticklers, they shouldn't make it sound like they aren't.

Seems weird that the item on the application specifically states that it will adjust you to Pool 2 if you answered the previous items in such a way... yet they still would DQ you. At the same time, it is an incorrect response. So I see both sides, but if they are going to be sticklers, they shouldn't make it sound like they aren't.

Right?! I know I answered the question wrong, but the only reason I selected the wrong question was due to the vagueness of the question. If questions 7,8 or 9 were “no” then it should have automatically defaulted me to pool 2 or just grayed out question 10. Doesn’t seem like that should be grounds to DQ someone but I guess I’m at the mercy of HR ?

Right?! I know I answered the question wrong, but the only reason I selected the wrong question was due to the vagueness of the question. If questions 7,8 or 9 were “no” then it should have automatically defaulted me to pool 2 or just grayed out question 10. Doesn’t seem like that should be grounds to DQ someone but I guess I’m at the mercy of HR ?
Take this as a lesson to not rush through things. This was only the application. But there are many steps after the fact. For example, the MMPI which is over 500 question. Rush through that, without reading and understanding carefully and that’s a automatic Tier II.

I put Pool 1 last year and it didn't affect me- i was placed in pool 2 upon referral.

I put Pool 1 last year and it didn't affect me- i was placed in pool 2 upon referral.

Thanks for letting me know Rallen! That definitely helped to calm my nerves a little lol. Did they reach out to you? Or did you reach out to them at all? Or were you just automatically placed into pool 2 because you answered “no” for questions 7,8, and 9?

Thanks for letting me know Rallen! That definitely helped to calm my nerves a little lol. Did they reach out to you? Or did you reach out to them at all? Or were you just automatically placed into pool 2 because you answered “no” for questions 7,8, and 9?

I reached out to them for other reasons after the ATSA when my status changed to referred. They had me as pool 1 still and I pointed out that I wasn't a vet/CTI and they moved me to pool 2 with zero issues. I didn't receive a TOL but that was not because of what we're discussing.

Back
Top Bottom