Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Finally made it to the end of the thread! Congrats everyone who got emails and good luck to anyone is still waiting.

I just started looking into going into this field and missed this years deadline, but I have one year left on my bachelors anyways. There's tons of really good information here, so I'm glad I found this forum and have a year to digest it all and a place to ask questions! That being said, is there a specific place I can ask ATC questions? I have tons of them, and not all of them obviously apply to this thread and this years bid.

Last edited:
I just learned this, can confirm if you don't retake it and want to use an old score you don't have to do anything it'll just roll over.

I just learned my old score fell into the well qualified, not best qualified even though I've been through the academy before. Wondering if it's worth retaking it or just keeping what got me in before.

I just learned my old score fell into the well qualified, not best qualified even though I've been through the academy before. Wondering if it's worth retaking it or just keeping what got me in before.
What are the odds that you'll do worse? You've taken it before so (in theory) you should do at least a little better, right?

Has anyone else clicked the link in the email and ended up without any tests on the "View my activities" page? I tried find my records but without an ATSAT_ID_NUMBER its a dead end. I can't find what number that would be referencing and PSI is a pain to try to call I've tried twice now.
I am in the same boat ! I called PSI to schedule & they don’t have my information (of course ?) so tomorrow I will call up HR to see what’s going on

I have a troop over here in the desert who got his ATSA, he is going to call HR later tonight and ask about test dates beyond 7 Oct. We aren’t due back into the states until mid October. I’ll post back here if they mention about dates past the 7th.

Also have another one who hasn’t received the email yet, we are all current controllers so it might lend to the fact that another wave is yet to come.

Good luck to all who have recieved their invites, there isn’t much to do for prep besides brain games and possibly atcprep if you actually want to spend the money. Just remember that you can practice each portion of the test as long as you need to before you do the scored run. (That’s what I did last year)

More to come,
PW

I am in the same boat ! I called PSI to schedule & they don’t have my information (of course ?) so tomorrow I will call up HR to see what’s going on

I had this issue as well and I called PSI last night and they said it was an issue in the system that night and that it should be working the next day. The next day (today) I tried again and it still didn't work so I called again and they were able to help me and schedule me for an exam over the phone.

If you want to find your ATSAT_ID_NUMBER: From the Welcome Page, click on "Update personal profile" over at the right and you can find your ATSAT_ID_NUMBER if you want to try to do the "Find My Records" but even with all of the requested information it still didn't find me, so I had to call.

I just learned this, can confirm if you don't retake it and want to use an old score you don't have to do anything it'll just roll over.

You went through the academy before? I thought you could only go through once and you either pass or fail

Just learned I scored in the best qualified last bid. Hard to decide if it's worth taking the ATSA again . . .

Just learned I scored in the best qualified last bid. Hard to decide if it's worth taking the ATSA again . . .
What number do I need to call to check my score from the last bid. I was referred, but I never thought to call and get the score.

What number do I need to call to check my score from the last bid. I was referred, but I never thought to call and get the score.

I was referred last time too but didn't get an offer. I have decided to not call to find out how I scored last time and to just re-take it. Last year I was working full-time and in school full-time so I wasn't able to prepare as much as I'd have liked. It also rained the whole way to the testing facility 2 hours away. I'm thinking and hoping this year I can only do better because I'm no longer in school and let's hope for no rain, lol.

is there any reason to believe the pool 1/pool 2 split will be different this time around? the FAA admitted in their most recent workforce plan that they didn't hire enough people because of the 10% rule, so are they doing anything differently this time? from the plan:
"Because of the 10 percent balancing requirement between the pools, FAA was only able to select 264 applicants from the general public pool, and FAA was not able to pursue 783 otherwise well-qualified candidates from that pool. If this trend continues, this will have a major impact on the FAA’s ability to hire enough controllers to meet its operational needs."

So it took a 5 phone calls but eventually I got through to a human being this morning. They gave me the AT-SA number but I was still unable to find the record online. Ended up just scheduling the test over the phone.

same here. I think it all depends on whether or not they meet their hiring goals. last year they hired way less than they wanted to because of the pool 1/pool 2 10% rule. if they didn't have that we probably would have gotten an offer last time

same here. I think it all depends on whether or not they meet their hiring goals. last year they hired way less than they wanted to because of the pool 1/pool 2 10% rule. if they didn't have that we probably would have gotten an offer last time
I think I will go ahead a take it again assuming I will do better from my previous experience and preparation. I am worried that the number of candidates in Pool 1 that are well-qualified won't increase and people will score higher than last year.

I was referred last time too but didn't get an offer. I have decided to not call to find out how I scored last time and to just re-take it. Last year I was working full-time and in school full-time so I wasn't able to prepare as much as I'd have liked. It also rained the whole way to the testing facility 2 hours away. I'm thinking and hoping this year I can only do better because I'm no longer in school and let's hope for no rain, lol.
I think I will go ahead a take it again assuming I will do better from my previous experience and preparation. I am worried that the number of candidates in Pool 1 that are well-qualified won't increase and people will score higher than last year.

The way I look at it, they passed over me last time, so they can pass over me again. We've taken the test already so it should be, in theory, easier this time around, but i'm not risking getting passed up again by not taking the retest. Just assume everyone here can score better than yo because people scored better than you last time.

Has anyone else clicked the link in the email and ended up without any tests on the "View my activities" page? I tried find my records but without an ATSAT_ID_NUMBER its a dead end. I can't find what number that would be referencing and PSI is a pain to try to call I've tried twice now.
This happened to me. In my case, I changed my email on usa jobs prior to applying. So the email that they sent the PSI notice to was not the email that I originally used last year. I applied last year with a different email and signed into psi exams with that email. All I had to do was log into my existing PSI account using the email I applied with last year. Then I was able to schedule a test date. Hope this helps some people.

The way I look at it, they passed over me last time, so they can pass over me again. We've taken the test already so it should be, in theory, easier this time around, but i'm not risking getting passed up again by not taking the retest. Just assume everyone here can score better than yo because people scored better than you last time.
I agree with you but I think a lot of people got screwed over last time because of the 10% rule. they wanted to hire 1431 people for the last bid but only ended up with 907 due to the rule. I guess the same thing could happen again this time though. someone said that rule isn't in place anymore but I don't think that's true

You went through the academy before? I thought you could only go through once and you either pass or fail
I went through, passed, was at my first tower, got my medical suspended and was told it was going to end my FAA career. Fast forward 8 months I got the health issue cleared up but because I didn't CPC before that happened this is how I get back in. Definitely a unique case but I can't just go back to a facility I have to do everything over again.

I went through, passed, was at my first tower, got my medical suspended and was told it was going to end my FAA career. Fast forward 8 months I got the health issue cleared up but because I didn't CPC before that happened this is how I get back in. Definitely a unique case but I can't just go back to a facility I have to do everything over again.

Will you go back to OKC as pass/pass?

Back
Top Bottom