Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

the simplest way would be to just have a quota to take a certain amount of people each year and pick the top scorers until you fulfill that quota.
I think the bands are just a way of telling people to look for other jobs if you're not in best qualified.

Sadly this is the US government so I am 100% incorrect.
I would love for someone who created/scores the ATSA test to give us some insight as well.
You will never ever find out
Text - S.1148 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): ATC Hiring Reform Act of 2019

has anyone talked/discussed this yet? this means that pool 1 will get even more priority?
congress is a little busy right now impeaching this lunatic.

If it gets passed, it definitely helps pool 1 a lot more than pool 2 does. They'll hire all the well and best qualified pool 1 and if they need more, they will dip into pool 2

But if there arent that many qualified pool 1, then a whole bunch of pool 2 gets hired

well ain’t that the dumbest thing ever...

CTI schools spending that cold hard tuition cash lobbying

Finally got around to calling HR last week. I hadn't received an ATSA email and USAJobs still said "application received." According to HR, I was not selected because I didn't upload my college transcripts! It would have been nice if an email or notification had let me know that I forgot to upload them, but government jobs will be government jobs. I will definitely not forget next time.

She also said there will be another trainee bid some time around the new year. Congrats to everyone who got it this time, and for those applying again, don't be an idiot like me.

Finally got around to calling HR last week. I hadn't received an ATSA email and USAJobs still said "application received." According to HR, I was not selected because I didn't upload my college transcripts! It would have been nice if an email or notification had let me know that I forgot to upload them, but government jobs will be government jobs. I will definitely not forget next time.

She also said there will be another trainee bid some time around the new year. Congrats to everyone who got it this time, and for those applying again, don't be an idiot like me.

that trainee bid around the new year is new information, very interesting

that trainee bid around the new year is new information, very interesting
Yeah. A couple of people have been told that. But it's been said before that there would be a January bid for previous years... So until it actually happens, I wouldn't count on it.

Welp just got done with my exam, and checked to make sure my psi said "Schedule | Completed" because reading this that made me nervous. I Took the ATSA last year and did not opt to call and see what I qualified because I figured taking the test again was an advantage... because I had been there before. And it absolutely felt like an advantage. I felt much more confident before, during, and after the test. Now the waiting game begins.

On them posting a new OTS bid. I believe they were going to this last January, but the government shutdown.

I just called HR to help me reschedule my test and they told me to email [email protected]. Anyone have any experience doing this? I am wondering how long is takes to get a response, the clock is ticking since the last day to test is Friday.

Same situation here. They said I didn't upload a transcript, yet I didn't upload one last bid and was referred.

Finally retook the ATSA at a difference facility today, actually completed the first and was able to move onto the second part successfully, hopefully the e-mail you register with the second part doesn't have to be the same as your usajobs e-mail. Second part was more challenging than the first with the time limit imposed, given that I don't read that fast to begin with.
When I finished the second part it said "Thanks for completing part 1."
I'll just cross my fingers.

Took the ATSA today. I had more collisions than I had hoped but feel pretty okay about the rest.

Started doubting myself afterwards though on the radar sim. Once you clear the planes in conflict, did you have to press 0? I didn't for most of them since I interpreted the instructions as saying that was only needed if, when the sim started, there were no conflicts. Trying not to worry that I really messed my score up by not pressing 0...

Anyone else not press 0 every time?

Took the ATSA today. I had more collisions than I had hoped but feel pretty okay about the rest.

Started doubting myself afterwards though on the radar sim. Once you clear the planes in conflict, did you have to press 0? I didn't for most of them since I interpreted the instructions as saying that was only needed if, when the sim started, there were no conflicts. Trying not to worry that I really messed my score up by not pressing 0...

I think you only press 0 if there were no collisions to clear. I'm going off my memory of taking it last year though.

Also took my ATSA today. The directions said to only press 0 if there were no collisions to clear. It was like that on the practice as well. I did not press 0 unless no airplanes were colliding as per the directions.

Also took my ATSA today. The directions said to only press 0 if there were no collisions to clear. It was like that on the practice as well. I did not press 0 unless no airplanes were colliding as per the directions.

Awesome. Some comments on here had me worrying. Glad to hear you guys followed the directions the same way. Thanks!

Took my test again today since the first one was canceled due to a system maintenance. Did a lot worse for part 1 (completely bombed collision) but did a little better for part 2 since 2-3 questions were the same. Definitely would have preferred to use my results from 2 weeks ago, but oh well...

I just called HR to help me reschedule my test and they told me to email [email protected]. Anyone have any experience doing this? I am wondering how long is takes to get a response, the clock is ticking since the last day to test is Friday.

Yep, I had an issue with PSI showing my exam results as "Absent for Test" even though i was definitely there, i called HR after PSI was their less than helpful selves and they gave me that email as well who emailed me back within a few hours. Hopefully they get back to you just ask quick!

Hey guys, first time poster, but I have been following the thread for quite some time now. I am taking my ATSA tomorrow and am looking for a prep course available for Mac OS. ATCPrep is only available for Windows! Any guidance here would be appreciated. I would like to run through a couple practice modules before I have to take the real thing tomorrow.

Hey guys, first time poster, but I have been following the thread for quite some time now. I am taking my ATSA tomorrow and am looking for a prep course available for Mac OS. ATCPrep is only available for Windows! Any guidance here would be appreciated. I would like to run through a couple practice modules before I have to take the real thing tomorrow.

I had the same issue. I contacted the developer and he said the only thing I would be able to do is to use it on an iPad( Os software). Send them and email, they respond promptly

Yep, I had an issue with PSI showing my exam results as "Absent for Test" even though i was definitely there, i called HR after PSI was their less than helpful selves and they gave me that email as well who emailed me back within a few hours. Hopefully they get back to you just ask quick!
Thanks! I emailed them on Monday and haven’t heard anything yet. This gave me some hope though.

Today I got an email from PSI saying that my entire first portion of the test wasn't received. Now I have to reschedule and retake the exam at the last minute...

Has anyone ever run into this problem? The entire process on test day went smoothly and I literally watched as the proctor submitted my test. Trying to contact the actual office I took the test in is proving to be near impossible.

Edit: Yes it's actually impossible to contact individual PSI offices. My test results were showing up as "corrupt" and I have no choice other than to take the test again. I spoke to 6 different people at PSI and none were able to give me any explanation as to why this happened or how to avoid it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom