Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Question: hypothetically speaking let’s say I went the CTI route the next 2 years to get into pool 1 and still unable to obtain a TOL before I age out. Are there other paths/careers I would be able to take so that way CTI school wouldn’t be completely a waste?

I am trying to look at pros v cons of going back to school and any potential alternatives Incase these bids don’t work out in my favor. Feel free to provide links or direct answers.

Also congrats to those receiving TOLs. Hopefully all goes well moving forward!

Question: hypothetically speaking let’s say I went the CTI route the next 2 years to get into pool 1 and still unable to obtain a TOL before I age out. Are there other paths/careers I would be able to take so that way CTI school wouldn’t be completely a waste?

I am trying to look at pros v cons of going back to school and any potential alternatives Incase these bids don’t work out in my favor. Feel free to provide links or direct answers.

No, if you go to cti and age out before you get picked up youre SOL. Except the military you have until 35 i think.

You could always get your dispatch license and become a airline dispatcher. That’s just another field you could get into in the aviation industry. Ha nothing to do with ATC or going to CTI though,

No, if you go to cti and age out before you get picked up youre SOL. Except the military you have until 35 i think.
You could always get your dispatch license and become a airline dispatcher. That’s just another field you could get into in the aviation industry. Ha nothing to do with ATC or going to CTI though,

As said, qualifying credentials will give you a license as a dispatcher/controller. You're not SOL, any experience is better than none, there are private/local towers that use dispatchers/controllers who are either retired or certified.

Im a CTI grad I've gotten offers to be a engineer for Leidos working on systems for ZNY non radar areas and it's great pay and benefits. You could also work for FAA contractors like SAIC. You can do alot with a CTI

What does everyone think, pool 2 TOL will follow shortly after or fall into the 2-4 week time frame?
I have a feeling they are going to get TOLs done for pool 1 first and see how many end up accepting before rolling out pool 2. I suspect sometime next week, complete guess though.

That baffles me. I hope you get one. Just shows how unpredictable the FAA is

I'm confused at the whole point of BQ, WQ, and Q during this bid since I thought you hire BQ and then move to WQ when you run out of BQ.

Does anyone know if they look at race/ethnicity or experience (to a higher degree than what put someone in pool 1) / education? Those really seem like the only things that likely to 'bump' someone in the WQ band ahead of someone in the BQ band. At least, they don't seem to have much information available to them aside from age, pool, band, military experience, and college(?).

Just spit-balling though, as you both said/implied, it seems really strange that they would pick a WQ over a BQ.

Does anyone know if they look at race/ethnicity or experience (to a higher degree than what put someone in pool 1) / education? Those really seem like the only things that likely to 'bump' someone in the WQ band ahead of someone in the BQ band. At least, they don't seem to have much information available to them aside from age, pool, band, military experience, and college(?).

Just spit-balling though, as you both said/implied, it seems really strange that they would pick a WQ over a BQ.
I’m not entirely sure we should assume that anyone has been picked OVER anyone else yet. It’s been a few short hours of TOL’s. It could be that the waves are alphabetical or something even more arbitrary. Everyone keep your head up, you’re not out yet.

I’m not entirely sure we should assume that anyone has been picked OVER anyone else yet. It’s been a few short hours of TOL’s. It could be that the waves are alphabetical or something even more arbitrary. Everyone keep your head up, you’re not out yet.
Good way to look at it.

Alphabetical could make sense; just seems like if P2 is pretty much going to be only BQ, that it would be: band > alphabetical, but as stated, FAA might just be that unpredictable!

I'm in the P2 BQ band, so here is to hoping that as many P1 people get TOLs as possible!

Back
Top Bottom